Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 50

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. lightning

2. Philll

Trusted

How are folks coping with the Beast from the East?

3. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

it hasn't snowed properly in the occupied six counties :(

4. Philll

Trusted

Oh really? I thought you folks were getting smashed today. I'm in East Anglia and we haven't had as bad as elsewhere but I've still been off work since Tuesday.

5. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Essex isn't that bad, at least where I am. More icy now than anything else.

Philll likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s pretty deep in Sheffield. My car is stuck as our residential roads don’t get gritted. Sadly I walk to work so I’ve been there!

Philll likes this.
  7. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

London has it bad for London, snow rarely settles here so that's fun. Family in Kent are literally snowed in though.

8. OdranWaldo

Brendan Rodgers Young Team Prestigious

the south got it bad, we just got really low temps and terrible wind

9. Wall Of Arms

Yeah Kent is pretty fucked. Mammy has been enjoying a couple days off though at least.

Philll likes this.
  10. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Today wasn’t too bad for me in Guildford as the salted the main roads on my route into work but I think tomorrow is gonna be pretty bad. I’ve got to be at work for 7am so I’ll be one of the first on the roads, that’ll be interesting.

11. Philll

Trusted

My work is open again tomorrow but local police are advising people on twitter to call out of work tomorrow and not risk the roads. Guess I'll call my boss in the morning and see what's good.

12. ugman_2000 Mar 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I managed to make it in ok today, just went slowish the whole way, mostly did 30 but did get up to 40 on one stretch. I did have some prick over take me on an hill though where you couldn't really see what was coming, I don't know how people can drive like that in these conditions. It was pretty icy on the roads round here but they were drivable, I just stuck to main roads as they were more likely to have been salted.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. George

Trusted Prestigious

Ruined all my weekend plans. I had a mate coming up this weekend from Bournemouth, we were gonna go see Trainspotting Live tonight and then Xcerts tomorrow. He can't leave Bournemouth, none of my other mates can get into Cardiff (tonight anyway), so not sure what I'll be doing.

14. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That's rubbish, sorry you can't go to that now. Hopefully it's better for tomorrow so you can catch The Xcerts.

It's started snowing again here and today/tonight is apparently going to be the worse we're getting hit in Surrey. I've got a mates 30th tomorrow which I'm going to have to travel to, I'm just going to wait and see what it's like tomorrow before making a decision. It's annoying it's a 30th as if it was any other birthday I'd probably just sack it off.

15. Philll

Trusted

Yeah we're due another 2-4cm this evening. Apparently rain tomorrow though so hopefully a lot of it gets washed away?

16. Wall Of Arms

Meant to snow heavily this afternoon in London too, ruined my plans to go see Soccer Mommy. Can't believe the army has been drafted in to help, crazy.

17. ugman_2000 Mar 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

The cynical one in me would say that's partly down to the cuts in public services along with how bad it is. It's good to see everyone coming together to help each other though.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The problem with UK snow is that it’s not like this every year and it’s never predictable when or where it might snow so it’s hard to be fully prepared for it.

Councils never invest in snow equipment/services because it might be sat unused for the next three years.

Hence chaos any time it does snow and settle compared to our Scandinavian friends who keep going through the bleakest of winters.

Wall Of Arms and ugman_2000 like this.
  19. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Please don't exclude New Englanders who are also laughing

skogsraet and lightning like this.
  20. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Starting to come down heavier here

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Everyone laughs at us to be honest.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  22. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Bath/Bristol/Wiltshire is crazy. May be looking to sabotage me seeing Phoebe Bridgers tomorrow which is reeeeeeally not cool

23. lightning

24. lightning

25. lightning