Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 5

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. ugman_2000 May 25, 2017
    (Last edited: May 25, 2017)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Disgraceful. Still it's a Murdoch paper, so not that much of a surprise for it to do a hit piece (even though it is the better of the Murdoch papers).

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  2. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

You have a point. I'd just assume that a broadsheet paper wouldn't stoop to tabloid levels. Can't imagine the readers would buy into that kind of narrative.

ugman_2000 likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

4. Letterbomb31 May 25, 2017
    (Last edited: May 25, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

ugman_2000 and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  5. Jamie Dagg

What was the second tweet supposed to be? It's not showing up and it looks like the account has been deleted

6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It was this one:

ugman_2000 likes this.
  7. Jamie Dagg

That's really re-assuring! It sounds like the only thing May really has going for her at this point is strong leadership which has definitely increased after Manchester but will most likely work away from them if they go back to sloganeering rather than actions. I really hope we win this. Things working towards us is getting me so optimistic now!

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  8. Jamie Dagg

Cabot Circus in Bristol has been evacuated on a bomb scare. It's so scary knowing it's a place you can picture and this is just awful to hear about.

9. Jamie Dagg

Worth noting that this poll is from after the Manchester attack, not before. Labour could have this.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Corbyn might just win this. It would be so amazing.

11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

lmao

13. Jamie Dagg

Oh man, that'd be so great. Do you think May would resign?

14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely, her credibility would be in tatters. Although now that I think about it I sure hope we don't end up with Prime Minister Boris Johnson haha

15. Jamie Dagg

Oh god, I completely glossed over him as a potential replacement, haha. Part of me would expect the leader to be someone from the left of the party to assuage the mass of Labour support. Right now though, I think for the first time I can say a Corbyn leadership seems more likely than that.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

That will be amazing if Corbyn is prime minister on June 9th. I'm not sure how to vote tho. Obviously I'm a Labour supporter, but my constituency is basically a battle between the Tories and the Lib Dems. I was gonna vote Lib Dem to try to get rid of the Tory MP, but if we're heading for a hung parliament a vote for the Lib Dems is basically just a vote for the Tories, so I think I'm going to vote Labour and just hope for the best. Idk.

17. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  18. Jamie Dagg

I believe it was you that's actually in the same constituency as me back home, right? If I was at home I'd have voted tactically for Lib Dems but as someone that voted Green in one of the smallest marginal seats in 2015 I can totally understand voting with your heart too. The way I see it, any vote not for the tories is a vote away from the tories there. If you were in Bath or Chippenham I'd perhaps say otherwise, but still.

19. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'm based in North Wiltshire at the moment. I recently got a job in Bath tho, so moving there in the next couple of months (I know that's a Tory/Lib Dem battle zone too haha). I especially hate my MP atm, he seems like a really nasty guy based on some of the stuff I've read online. I'd love it if he lost his seat.

21. Jamie Dagg

Getting rid of James Gray would be fantastic. However, back home I've not once seen any campaigning in my village from anyone other than Conservatives. Really we'd need a viable candidate willing to put in the effort and I just don't see that possible at this time.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

23. Jamie Dagg

It should've been over after Zack Goldsmith's disgusting mayoral campaign but ho hum.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in the same boat as you guys, last election Cons got 30,802 votes, Lib Dems 8,354 and Labour 6,534. Both were way off the Cons so I think I'm just going to vote Labour anyway (plus I like the guy running). Looking at the local GetSurrey websites poll though is quite interesting (although it doesn't say how many voted and I'd guess most con voting people in the area wouldn't vote on something like this anyway).

upload_2017-5-26_8-37-6.png

Jamie Dagg and Letterbomb31 like this.
  25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Also fun fact the Labour candidate for Guildford this year is a really nice guy who used to run one of our local record shops and was the drummer in The Vapours in 80's

Jamie Dagg and Jake W like this.