Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 45

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

People have very short memories and still seem to think of the Lib Dems as a "progressive" party when the reality is they enabled a Tory government for five years and happily implemented austerity alongside them. I don't think there's any harm in reminding people that they're a pro-austerity party.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

5. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Dominick and Wharf Rat like this.
  6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

leader of political party...wants power? :chin:

7. Philll

Trusted

Incredible take from a guy in a motherfucking tie

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  8. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Philll likes this.
  10. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

OdranWaldo likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Gove & Johnson coming out against the 1% public pay cap is ridiculous when last week the Conservatives voted against the amendment. What a joke.

It's a funny situation when they are clearly talking about it openly to undermine May (which is ultimately a good thing) but then you can see the hypocrisy of the whole rhetoric (which is, at the minimum, very annoying).

12. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

13. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I know friends who voted 'leave' solely based on campaigns like the £350m NHS Bus lie. It's disgusting to intentionally deceive good-honest people like that, who only voted with the best intentions at heart.

Boris would've definitely known it was all bogus. At least even Farage highlighted the figure isn't as high as £350m.

14. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Dominick likes this.
  16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

17. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

FUCK.

Looks like it's free of casualties but seeing a place that I'm at so frequently and where I studied engulfed like that is causing a real ache. Those poor vendors.

18. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Seriously wtf, surely she's got to be sacked for that.

19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Only just seen this, it's so sad I love that area. Didn't something similar happen a few years back around there and I think there was lots of talk at the time that it was deliberate to make way for new properties. Anyways glad nobody got hurt.

20. Philll

Trusted

Just came to post this and say the same. There is zero excuse for using that word. Theresa has suspended her, which of course is not a far enough measure, but what do you expect from a leader with a deficit of backbone.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just out of interest what can be done more than suspending an MP from the party by withdrawing the whip?

I remember a few years ago there was talk about introducing a way for constituents to remove a sitting MP and force a byelection in situations like this but I'm pretty sure that nothing came of it.

Either way it is disgraceful to use racist language like this. Awful to think people are using these phrases, let alone MPs.

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Theresa May 'shed a tear' at election night.

From the article:
    I think young people have got a lot more concerns about a Conservative government than getting on the property ladder... (haven't listened to the full interview so it might just be odd editing for the actual article, but focusing in on that makes it look like that is the only concern of young people. Just so you know Theresa: it's not.)

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

25. ugman_2000 Jul 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2017)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

In my half asleep state I read that as Tory Blair, still it works. What a vile, vile man.

Letterbomb31 likes this.