Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 4

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I love peppermint and mint teas, as long as they are green teas

2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Wharf Rat and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  3. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Berry flavoured fruit tea tends to be good, you just have to make it strong enough to not be bland. Peppermint is also acceptable.

(Also follow me if you feel like it thnx xox)

Wharf Rat and Letterbomb31 like this.
  4. Jamie Dagg

May being interviewed live now and it's a trainwreck. Andrew Neil is really hammering her.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I think she may be even more robotic than David Cameron

Wharf Rat and Jamie Dagg like this.
  6. Jamie Dagg

She's just so rehearsed. She knows what she wants to be asked and where it hasn't been asked or Andrew Neil isn't buying it she's stumbling. It's kind of awful to watch but great as a member of the opposition.

Wharf Rat and Letterbomb31 like this.
  7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

9. Jamie Dagg

Scary stuff. What's weirder is nobody seems to know what is happening at all.

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

11. Whatjuliansaid

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. Letterbomb31 May 24, 2017
    (Last edited: May 24, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

14. Jamie Dagg

I don't want to politicise this at this point, but I can't imagine this plays well for the Conservatives, does it?

15. Jamie Dagg

I really, REALLY don't like where this is going.

16. Whatjuliansaid

Theresa may strong-woman

17. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I had no idea this had been created until Jamie just mentioned it in the main politics thread.

Whatjuliansaid and Jamie Dagg like this.
  18. Jamie Dagg

Looks like twitter is going hard on the conservative cuts to police budgets. I thought Labour would suffer because of this attack (not because of any incompetence on their part, but May's response to this attack has been fairly resolute) but thankfully it looks like the narrative is getting pushed hard that May is to blame.

Not sure how I feel about effectively politicising this event so soon after it's happened (even if the points Labour is making are probably true with regards to Tory policy making it harder for terrorism to be monitored and curbed) but if the other parties are going to do the same I guess it needs to be done.

19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I was in Bath today and the police evacuated the bus station and had it cordoned off. Apparently someone had left their bag unattended and there was concern it might have been a bomb or something. I had walked right by the station only a couple of hours before. It was pretty scary to hear the sirens and stuff, can't imagine how the people who got caught up in the attack in Manchester felt. Must have been terrifying.

20. Jamie Dagg

That's terrifying. The southgate area is always so busy, I'd hate to think what kind of damage an attack there would do. I don't like that this hysteria is going to be around for the next few months, even if it's justified.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  21. Whatjuliansaid

22. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Theresa May being warned about her cuts back in 2012

23. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

This will keep happening for the next few weeks (but I'd much rather the police be like this in the short term than not with the high level threat right now). I remember something like this happening just after 11/7 bombings, with some bags being left near the shopping centre in Guildford as I was walking past was definitely a bit sketchy.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

25. Jamie Dagg

Article claiming that Corbyn is displaying 'crocodile tears' in his response to the attack in Manchester. Absolute gutter journalism and I'd expect better from the times.