Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World • Page 3

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Wharf Rat likes this.
  3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck yeah

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

5. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

That's honestly quite extraordinary. I figured Wales was just about the only place where conservative and UKIP sentiment was remaining strong. So glad to be proved wrong.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I don't want to get too carried away but damn, I'm starting to think Corbyn can actually win this! Especially after today's shambles with May's U-turn.

7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I have a friend who's lived there for years and is coming back soon, would be funny if he actually wins as she's leaving.

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  8. Jamie Dagg

This really is an election campaign like no other. The grassroots is doing all the party needs to to get the message out there. Sometimes it just takes a gaffe like this to shift opinion.

On another note, really interesting to see Osborne's Evening Standard is running such an anti-tory hitpiece in today's paper on all the U-turns the tories have gone through under May. Quite something.

Wharf Rat and Letterbomb31 like this.
  9. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It will be the biggest political upset this country has seen in decades if Corbyn wins, it really would be a sight to behold.

I guess Osborne is just getting revenge for May sacking him haha. I have to say it's pretty entertaining watching Tories rip each other apart.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  10. Jamie Dagg

If he can win the Labour party on odds of 200:1, odds of 9:1 as they were when the election was called shouldn't be too difficult! The level of joy I'd feel if we did get a win would be ridiculous.
    That was my logic too. The pettiness behind it being clear as it is now is fantastic for us. I'd be happy if we even got a hung parliament at this point.

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

hilarious if Corbyn wins a snap election called for the all but stated purpose of destroying Corbyn and consolidating tory power

12. Whatjuliansaid

Wake up and smell that English breakfast tea folks heh

Jamie Dagg likes this.
  13. Jamie Dagg

I'd love to see a Tory cabinet minister unseated- that'd be a huge blow to them.

14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

It would be fantastic if Labour won. It'd be the first time I've actually liked a Prime Minister during my lifetime, which would be weird.

Yeah I'd take a hung parliament over a Tory landslide anyday. I'm just really surprised at how well Corbyn is doing in the polls compared to where Labour was a month ago, my faith in people is slowly being restored. Although I don't want to speak too soon lol

15. Whatjuliansaid

If other labour officially running are supposedly better than corbyn wouldn't that be a good sign for their chances?

16. Wharf Rat

English breakfast is ass btw, Earl grey and many others are much better

skogsraet and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  17. Jamie Dagg

I think anyone that isn't surprised would be lying. It shows where his strengths lie and how effectively we can lean on them to our advantage.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  18. Whatjuliansaid

My 2nd thought was earl grey, I grew out of both though. I'm more of a gt guy now.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  19. Jamie Dagg

This is like 2-3 constituencies worth of new voters in one day. That's huge.

20. Jamie Dagg

Green tea and fruit tea is money tea

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

22. Whatjuliansaid

I dislike fruit tea but I will agree on the former, obviously

skogsraet and Jamie Dagg like this.
  23. Wharf Rat

I like fruit tea but some fruit tea is poorly made. I got an orange tea once that tasted like orange gatorade, the worst thing i've ever tasted

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I like English breakfast and Earl grey so nyeh

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Peppermint tea is my favorite