Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UK and Europe World

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by aranea, May 19, 2017.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Hey I wanted to create a thread for people from the UK and the rest of Europe. Share news/articles/opinions here.

2. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This is scary.

3. Letterbomb31 May 20, 2017
    (Last edited: May 20, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

That image will haunt me for awhile lol

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Tory lead cut to 9 points in latest YouGov poll

7. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

lightning13 likes this.
  8. Jamie Dagg

Master of not knowing what the hell I'm doing.

Quite interested to see how these polls change when data comes out from post conservative manifesto launch. Dementia tax, lack of costing and social care policy seem to be hugely unpopular so I'm hoping shifts move closer to Labour. Seems a strong presence from under 25s could swing this

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  9. 5Stories

Regular

Not sure about having a separate thread for this? Don't want to be too judgmental but feel like a lot of American posters won't open it up regularly and it will just make the General Politics Discussion thread even more of an American politics bubble which is a shame.

skogsraet and Letterbomb31 like this.
  10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Debra likes this.
  11. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

13. Jamie Dagg

Imagine the backlash if any other politician did anything like this. I have a special level of hatred reserved for Boris and his brazen disregard for anything other than his own interests disguised as incompetence.

14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Wharf Rat and Jamie Dagg like this.
  15. This Yank would rather y'all just keep posting in the main thread, but know that I am following this one and will lurk and appreciate the UK/Europe posts wherever they are.

Debra and 5Stories like this.
  16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

That kid rules holy shit

Debra and Letterbomb31 like this.
  18. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Architects and enter shikari have openly supported Corbyn heh

19. Jamie Dagg

So have Wolf Alice and a good portion of the grime community. Come to think of it I can't think of any pro-tory musicians aside from Morrissey.

20. 5Stories

Regular

Fucking hope for a miracle and he wins and I'm proved completely wrong. Opinion polls seem to be slowly turning but not sure if it's fast enough. Bit of leafletting tomorrow for me.

21. Jamie Dagg

To be fair, if the conservative voter intention as is right now tracks directly to seat percentage (I know it doesn't but bare with me) we're still headed for a hung parliament. Labour doesn't necessarily have to gain much more to get a win, the conservatives just have to lose. And I can see that happening more given the backlash to the dementia tax.

22. 5Stories

Regular

Conservatives got 37% last election and they're polling at 44% now....we're some way off a hung parliament as far as I am aware.

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Well it already IS an American politics bubble, and any time non-American stuff is there it kinda gets glossed over and not discussed anyway. If nobody wanted to post in here they wouldn't have to, I'm not forcing anyone. I can just close it if you want. I don't like how every single topic regarding politics has just been moved there. Even racism, sexism, and LGBT which we have separate threads for, aren't really used anymore. And when so many people feel the need to make 5 or 6 posts in a row for separate tweets (which I really hate), it's even harder to go through that thread.

24. 5Stories

Regular

I feel like even if it doesn't get discussed at least it gets seen, which is better than nothing! And I think a UK and Europe thread makes as much sense as lumping together a USA and South America thread haha. I reckon let's keep it all together but if others think differently, happy to be outvoted.

skogsraet likes this.
  25. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

yeah I know, it's just that there aren't that many people from Europe in the first place. if the forum were more active and more people posted here it would be a UK thread. idk