Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

UFO Seekers Looks at Tom DeLonge’s New Company

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TedMosby

I'll never understand why this site wants to keep bashing on a guy who had such a huge part in the kind of music we listen to.

3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Because he is now effectively scamming his fans.

4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Pyramid scheme of a company. No surprise.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Proof?

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Watch the video. Read any of Jason's posts on it. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact

7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

For the same reason that people who were chummy with Harvey Weinstein suddenly don't want to be associated with him anymore. Sometimes, the more you learn about a person, the more you find out they're not who you thought they were.

orangehorizon and Raku like this.
  8. caseyaylward

I'm gonna go out of a limb and say that comparing Tom Delonge to a serial and sexual abuser/predator is a far stretch no matter what your current opinion of him or his endeavors are. As far as this video goes, it hasn't proved that he/the company are scamming fans or running a pyramid scheme. It breaks down the LLC's and many companies Delonge has started or is a part of and how he is allocating money, indicating that To The Stars may be starting at a deficit. It touched on the fact that there is very little evidence that the company is set up to disclose UFO's. This is not definitive proof one way or another that this is all one big scam, far fetched perhaps, but time will tell.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'd be more interested in hearing a stock broker or somebody with that kind of background cover this than a guy who hunts for UFO's

10. TedMosby

Comparing Tom to Harvey Weinstein is basically making my point. He's trying to kick start a project which might seem like a money grab and I get that, but that's no reason to compare him to a sexual predator. The unwarranted hate this guy gets is ridiculous and it started way before this project.

SkyGrowsBigger and youwontknow like this.
  11. DooDooBird

Trusted

When Tom gave his son that stupid name I knew he was one of those weirdos.

12. The information is correct regardless of who explains it.

13. The stock value and dilution of value does though ... you’re buying something that’s virtually worthless now and certainly worthless in the future while Tom gets paid no matter what.

Raku, Joe4th and DejaMoi like this.
  14. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

I'm with you dude! Tom has given our music scene so much and i still love him.

Comparing Tom to a sexual predator is a bit of a deLONGe shot. People just like to Whinestein about him 'cause they jelly of his cool space school.

Raku, Brand New and CAC3 like this.
  15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Adam Sandler gave us Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer but that doesn’t give Jack and Jill a pass.

GEM37, coleslawed, Raku and 13 others like this.
  16. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Dude, whatever. He can make the coolest music in the world but if he's a dodgy prick, he's a dodgy prick. and that seems to be what Tom DeLonge is these days. If Billie Joe from Green Day or the dudes from Brand New pulled shit like this we'd tear their asses down too because being a prick transcends being a great musician.

Plus, Tom was the weak link in Blink 182. The reason I loved California so much was because I got to hear a long-time fantasy of mine - a Blink album free of Tom's nasal, whiny voice.

orangehorizon likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Tom at his prime was for sure not the weak link of Blink

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think this site is just trying to save its members from flushing 200 dollars down the toilet

19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Everybody will be let down
    Everybody will be let down

Bryan Diem and slimfenix182 like this.
  20. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'm not defending this project, because it is most definitely a scam - whether Tom understands this or not I think is debatable.

But this video didn't seem to reveal much. I was under the impression that these corporate loops and net losses are no different than what most other companies do or experience within the first decade of being around? Also if this video creator is going to literally use ctrl+f and type "UFO" and complain about not getting results, that's kind of a stretch. Tom has stated he doesn't use that term, and uses like... aerial... threat... blah blah something something. Plus I also thought this entire TTS project was less about E.T.s and UFOs and more about replicating the science they discovered in what they allege as being "un-earthly" ships and equipment, and showing it to the public.

21. You’re under the wrong impression. Part of the reason they will operate at a loss is a guaranteed 100k payment per year to Tom.

Raku and Joe4th like this.
  22. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Oh... ouch... that certainly changes things. Wtf

23. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

He was my weak link for Blink. Always hated his whiny fucking voice and rejoiced the day they fired his ass and brought on Skiba, who is 1000000x better in every way to me.

24. razorburn

Trusted

Haha. I love this.

25. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

$100k for a public company of this size is completely reasonable, and also likely pennies for Delonge given his net worth is in the neighborhood of $80 million. He didn't take a salary with this company for the prior two years and was likely advised to do so once the company went public.

There are a number of reasons why a company like this should be paying its CEO a fair salary. Part of it has to do with optics but also setting a compensation standard for the company as a whole. There are any number of articles online that will echo the same sentiment. This company will likely have approximately $5 million in operating expenses next year so I don't think its unreasonable to pay him $100K. To me, say $50K seems too low.