Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Uber Founder Resigns as CEO

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Uber’s CEO, Travis Kalanick, is out:

Travis Kalanick stepped down Tuesday as chief executive of Uber, the ride-hailing service that he helped found in 2009 and that he built into a transportation colossus, after a shareholder revolt made it untenable for him to stay on at the company.

Mr. Kalanick’s exit came under pressure after hours of drama involving Uber’s investors, according to two people with knowledge of the situation, who asked to remain anonymous because the details are confidential.

Raku likes this.
  2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I haven't really followed this story, but it's gotta suck stepping down from a company you helped start.

But I'm sure the millions and millions of dollars he has will help Lyft his spirits #burn

Raku, Mr. Serotonin and GEM37 like this.
  3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Stilicho

Newbie Supporter

If you have some time the Dollop did a fun kinda concise overview of Uber and Kalanick. Take away from the story was Kalanick is a monster.

I was lukewarm on the announcement that Kalanick was taken out of the driver seat of Uber and put in the Sidecar, but him leaving gives me hope Uber just might (probably won't) change a bunch of the horrifying things the company inflicts on its employees, "partner" drivers, and customers. #callawhambulance

Raku likes this.