Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

U2 Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AJ Earhart, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You clearly don’t understand U2, and I barely qualify as a fan

anonimito likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Why can’t they go back to their fun songs such as “Hungry Like the Wolf”and “Don’t You Forget About Me”

chewbacca110 and BornToRun like this.
  3. Skinkie

Regular

Yes, take us back to the early days with songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday and the Refugee. Nothing political there

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like Innocence and Experience are two of their least political and most personal records ever. Especially the former.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Pride (In The Name Of Love) the least political song

sawhney[rusted]2 and mike1885 like this.
  6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I am so sorry you guys didn't pick up my sarcasm lol. I love everything about U2.

There are real people that have made that comment.

7. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I was clearly being sarcastic I'm so sorry

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot the /s.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

No worries! Should have known by your username, I usually agree with your posts haha

y2jayjk likes this.
  10. Skinkie

Regular

I wondered, but with U2 it’s hard to tell, people seem to have such strange views of them.

y2jayjk likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

RoKKeR likes this.
  12. RoKKeR

The Fly

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

14. Barcara

Regular

Craig Manning likes this.
  15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Wished this tour came through MN.

Is anyone going?

16. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

I just saw them in St. Louis and it was one of my favorite shows ever. It was my first time seeing them and I won't miss another one! They didn't play anything from the Joshua Tree which was a bummer since that show got cancelled last year on the day of. BUT it didn't bring the show down near as much as I thought it would. It probably helps that I'm in love with their new album.

awakeohsleeper and RoKKeR like this.
  17. RoKKeR

The Fly

Love this! Yeah I definitely thought they'd break something from JT out for you guys since that show got canceled, but I'm glad you otherwise had a great time.

I'm digging what they're doing with the set so far. As Craig pointed out on Twitter, it's pretty amazing and incredibly ballsy that a band 40 years into their career with an endless amount of hits is playing 8-9 new songs a night and is ignoring their biggest album entirely. They've got a vision for what they want this set to be and they're sticking to it... pretty impressive.

I hope they keep Red Flag Day in the set, that song is such a jam.

BornToRun and awakeohsleeper like this.
  18. RoKKeR

The Fly

If you have SiriusXM, you need to be listening to the U2 Experience on Channel 30. It’s amazing and incredibly well produced. Also this band has an endless amount of good songs, damn. Deep cuts, rare live tracks, and B-sides mixed in with the new stuff and hits. Good stuff.

Saw them twice last weekend in Nashville and ATL. Setlist works much better in person than on paper. The ATL shows is the some of the most fun I’ve ever had at a U2 show - we were super close to the “e” stage, the band was tight, and the crowd was incredibly energetic. I think the small venue helped a lot, but you could tell the band was really vibing off of it.

BornToRun likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

RoKKeR and BornToRun like this.
  20. Skinkie

Regular

I was happy to finally get to see U2 last year. But kinda disappointed that it was the whole Joshua Tree thing as they have typically been good at keep the set list fresh. There’s plenty of live stuff out there for the old stuff, I wanted to hear something I’d never heard before. But they didn’t even touch Songs of Innocence. Good to see them stretching out again. Maybe I’ll have to fight with the bank account about whether I can catch a show somewhere

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Oh no, did you not realise it was the anniversary tour?

22. Skinkie

Regular

Oh no, I did, but I’d never seen them before, and the opportunity arose. I was just hoping in the non Joshua Tree songs they’d dig a little deeper

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I see! Fair enough. I’m the opposite - tried to get tickets but there were very few UK dates which sold out too quickly. I wanted to take my dad as he introduced me to music with that album.

24. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

In summer I can taste the salts of the sea
    There's a kite blowing out of control on the breeze
    I wonder what's gonna happen to you
    You wonder what has happened to me

Listening to a lot of ATYCLB lately

RoKKeR likes this.
  25. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I’m sad that it took me so long to realize how great this band is. Thank you, UTU2TM?

Barcara, RoKKeR, BornToRun and 2 others like this.