Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

U2 Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by AJ Earhart, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Blaine Ryan

Also, this is great. My favorite U2 song.

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

RoKKeR and Skinkie like this.
  3. Skinkie

Regular

About time!

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That's so soon!

5. RoKKeR

The Fly

So damn excited, these rumors have been building for a while now but this seems to confirm it. Shortest album gap since Achtung Baby -> Zooropa... crazy.

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Caught The Joshua Tree tour last night. Easily a top five concert experience for me. They do the full album show so well. I hope they do one for Achtung Baby in a few years.

Visually, it's such a cool production. I don't know if there's any act in live music that is doing that side of things so well.

bachna84, RoKKeR and awakeohsleeper like this.
  7. RoKKeR

The Fly

Great to hear! It really is a very solid show... you get a lot of hits, some rarities/never-before-played tunes from Side B, and a great production all around. Where were you in the stadium? I think being on the floor right at the Edge (heh) of the tree is the place to be... you get to be close to the first 4 songs and then have a perfect view of the massive screen for the rest of the night.

Seeing them one last time this year in Indy on Sunday - can't wait!

In other news... NEW SINGLE TOMORROW! It also sounds like they will be on Fallon later this week, which is where I'm guessing they'll say when the album is actually going to drop. Such a fun time to be a fan... feel very lucky that we still get to do this with new and exciting music even 40 years on.

awakeohsleeper and Craig Manning like this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Saw them in Cleveland in July. Just a fantastic all around show!

Did Beck open your show?

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

My show is Friday. So pumped

10. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Omg I'm goin too

So hype

11. Craig Manning

Yeah, we were pretty much exactly where you said. About 20 or 30 feet from the tree, on the floor. Got some pretty cool photos.

This was my second time seeing them. The first time was on the 360 tour and we were in the seats off the endzone on the side of the stadium where the stage was. So we were kind of behind the stage then, but obviously the thing was round so we had decent sight lines anyway. Nothing compared to this, though.

Yep, Beck was our opener. I consider myself a casual fan of his, but I knew nine of the ten songs he performed. They translated surprisingly well into the stadium environment, too.

bachna84 likes this.
  12. Skinkie

Regular

I was at the Cleveland one too. Good show, but I wish I'd seen not an album tour. Fun as it was, I would have loved to see something of SOI in the show.

bachna84 likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Enjoy both the new songs.
    I don't know why but I love that lyric "you're the best thing about me, and the best things are easy to destroy."

15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

TONIGHT.
    COLLEGE GIRLS.

RoKKeR, Craig Manning and Aregala like this.
  16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

LET'S GET SOME FUCKIN T SHIRTS I'M HYPED

(Just kidding they're like 40 dollars)

17. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Really like that singnle

18. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah fuck those $40 t shirts.

Excellent show. Seeing Bullet live was an experience and a half. I also did not know how fucking good Exit is live

Aregala likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is one of my favorite late night performances

20. RoKKeR

The Fly

Here's the version of Best Thing that we very first heard a year ago from Kygo. I actually quite like it, even as someone who isn't super into EDM. I think the production is just more dynamic than the original version.

Still enjoying the the song for what it is - a fun, poppy tune. They debuted it live at their show in Indy the other day and I thought it sounded pretty solid live. Also got a good response from the crowd, even coming in hot after Elevation and Vertigo.

21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Red Flag Day is so fucking good

BornToRun likes this.
  22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Listening to Achtung Baby for the first time in forever and I just love how Edge sounded on this one.

23. Inna Selez

Regular

;-p

y2jayjk likes this.
  24. RoKKeR

The Fly

Though I don't think the image of the boy on the beach fits this song at all (Red Flag Day? Summer of Love?) I'm perfectly fine with U2 triggering some snowflake alt-righters who still spew shit like "the KKK was started by the Dems!" and what not.

y2jayjk likes this.
  25. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

It's too bad U2 decided to become a political band