Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bachna84, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was able to get two GA tickets for Chicago!

Knifeparty likes this.
  2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Solid! Struck out again for NJ Day 2. I do have a backup plan since I work at the Racetrack next to the stadium. They usually have a box for some concerts (last year was Coldplay and Garth Brooks). I'm hoping since it's during the week (non live racing night) that they'll get it again.

3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

This tour started last Friday.

Here's U2's set from the 5/12 show:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Year's Day
    A Sort of Homecoming
    MLK
    Pride (In the Name of Love)
    --------------
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With or Without You
    Bullet the Blue Sky
    Running to Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers of the Disappeared
    --------------
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    One
    Miss Sarajevo (Passengers cover)
    The Little Things That Give You Away (new song)

Here's the setlist.fm link with more show information: U2 Setlist at BC Place Stadium, Vancouver

Looking at the second date (5/14) compared to the first date (5/12),
    Not too many differences. Bad was played in place of MLK and I Will Follow was added at the end of the encore

4. emojedi

Trusted

looks like Bad is officially replacing MLK (which i'm okay with since Bad is my favourite song of theirs)

5. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I'm not a big U2 fan at all, but these guys know how to come up with a crowd pleasing setlist.

6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Me and my buddy going to Rose Bowl show on Sunday!

To anybody who's been, what time has the show generally started, or when have the doors been? My friend really wants to catch the openers and I'd rather we not get there too late (or too early.)

7. TMS2787

Trusted

What time does your ticket say? lol. Stadium shows usually open the gates 1.5-2 hours before the start of the show. Check the Rose Bowls site or social media.

8. GEM37

She haunts the roads

My tix say 6:30

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Absolutely phenomenal show in Chicago last night. I was blown away.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

The second leg of shows the band announced will have Beck opening each one. That's a pretty cool opener!

11. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Damn that's awesome. I wish that leg was coming my way.

12. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

They're playing A Sort of Homecoming? Damn, they didn't play that live for a long time.

13. Anyone going to the philly show sunday?

14. bachna84

Going to the Cleveland show in 5 days!

Everything I see says 7:00 PM, but I'm not really sure if that's when the show starts or when doors open...Does anyone know what the other shows have been like?

15. TMS2787

Trusted

Show starts at 7

bachna84 likes this.
  16. bachna84

Awesome, thank you!

I'm not really too worried about missing some of OneRepublic, just trying to figure out my schedule for the day.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

Same here, I am off all day so that's a plus for me. I'd like to see OneRepublic but I don't need to see the whole set. Are you on the field or what?

18. bachna84

No, I'm taking my mom and she didn't want to stand on the field for the whole time so we ended up getting tickets in 135B. Hopefully they end up being pretty good seats, they cost enough!

19. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, the lower bowl was so pricey. I don't have tickets yet and I've been on the avid hunt. I am hoping to catch a drop on Ticketmaster this week. I'm also going with my Mom. Very cool!

bachna84 likes this.
  20. SPine

Trusted

Chance of thunderstorms for the Cleveland show Saturday...

21. bachna84

Yeah...thunderstorms "likely" during the day and scattered during the evening. This is my only outdoor show this summer so I'm really hoping it isn't bad.

The weather.com hourly forecast only goes 48 hours ahead, but it's looking like a lot of thunderstorms from 8:00 AM to noon that morning.

22. TMS2787

Trusted

I secured pit / field tickets for Saturday so I am really excited. But I'm not stoked on the possibility of bad weather.

bachna84 and Daniel182 like this.
  23. bachna84

For people going to the Cleveland show...

Event Timeline

GA floor wrist-banding begins 8:00am
    Ticket Office opens 9:00am
    Parking lots open 12:00pm
    GA floor line queuing begins 2:00pm
    Gates open 5:00pm
    One Republic 7:00pm
    Concert ends (approximate) 11:00pm

24. TMS2787

Trusted

I've seen and heard that U2 won't take the stage until it's almost completely dark outside, have you heard that? I think it has to do with the lighting & video and stuff. My buddy went to Pittsburgh and said they didn't go on until almost 9:20 and play for two hours.

25. bachna84

I haven't heard that, but I guess that makes sense. That'll be a pretty long break between OneRepublic and U2! It looks like OneRepublic has been playing 11 song sets opening for U2, so that's probably an hour or so tops.