Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

U2 - The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bachna84, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

05-12 Vancouver, British Columbia – BC Place Stadium *
    05-14 Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field *
    05-17 Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium *
    05-20 Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl ^
    05-24 Houston, TX – NRG Stadium ^
    05-26 Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium ^
    06-03 Chicago, IL – Soldier Field ^
    06-07 Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field ^
    06-08-11 Manchester, TN – Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
    06-11 Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium +
    06-14 Tampa, FL – Raymond James Stadium +
    06-18 Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field ^
    06-20 Washington, DC – FedEx Field ^
    06-23 Toronto, Ontario – Rogers Centre ^
    06-25 Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium ^
    06-28 East Rutherford, New Jersey – MetLife Stadium ^
    07-01 Cleveland, OH – FirstEnergy Stadium +
    07-08 London, England – Twickenham Stadium ~
    07-12 Berlin, Germany – Olympic Stadium ~
    07-15 Rome, Italy – Olympic Stadium ~
    07-18 Barcelona, Spain – Olympic Stadium ~
    07-22 Dublin, Ireland – Croke Park ~
    07-25 Paris, France – Stade de France ~
    07-29 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Amsterdam Arena ~
    08-01 Brussels, Belgium – Stade Roi-Baudoin ~

* with Mumford & Sons
    ^ with The Lumineers
    + with OneRepublic
    ~ with Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds

2. bachna84

Just got tickets this morning to the Cleveland date! I've never seen U2 before so I'm pretty excited.

Anybody else here going to any of the dates?

3. SPine

Trusted

Got floor tickets for Cleveland, bit the bullet and did the $50 membership thing.

bachna84 likes this.
  4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Tried to get floor tickets for NJ but couldn't get any with the Metlife Stadium code.

5. bachna84

Yeah, I ended up doing the $50 membership too. Hopefully the "special gift" is something decent. Anyway, I hate paying $50 essentially just to get the presale code, but I figured it'd be worth it to get a better seat. I'm actually going with my mom and one of my aunts so I ended up getting lower level tickets (sec 135) instead of floor. Definitely the most expensive tickets I've ever bought though-a little over $320 each (if you include all the fees and the $50 membership which is pretty much just another fee).

6. SPine

Trusted

Wow really? That's so much, even with the $50 the floor came down to like $105 each. My parents love U2 so I bought 3

7. bachna84

I guess the floor tickets must have cost less than the lower level? I don't know, I would have thought they'd be the same. When the presale opened up, I just clicked on lower level and went with the best 3 seats available.

Looking at my invoice now, the tickets I bought were $280 each, $19.55 each for service fee, $4 each for facility fee, plus one $4.50 processing fees. So $75.15 just in fees. Then with the $50 club membership my grand total is $965.15. Ouch. My mom and aunt are buying their own tickets though, so I'm not out the whole amount. I'm going to have to start working some more overtime!!!

On a side note, when I saw the openers would be Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers or OneRepublic on different dates, OneRepublic probably would have been my last choice. I haven't listened to much of their stuff after their first album, but I'll have to check them out more before the show. Nobody's going to this tour for the openers anyway!

8. HudsonHawk88

A friend of mine is a Browns season ticket holder, so he got access to a presale today and snagged us some upper level seats. I'd like to be closer, but with a bunch of other shows to catch this year I can live with upper level seats for a decent price.

bachna84 likes this.
  9. SPine

Trusted

Ouch that's an expensive concert. Yeah I was hoping for Mumford since they haven't played Cleveland since before they were big.. played Beachland ballroom in 2010. I saw Onerepublic at Blossom a few summers ago because it was cheap and something to do. They're pretty good live, not as big of a fan of the last album. Might catch the lumineers at the wolstein center in March

10. bachna84

I'm thinking probably an hour long set from OneRepublic and somewhere between two and two and half hours from U2. Do you think that's realistic?

As of now, I don't have many concerts lined up for 2017. Just U2 in July and Coldplay in August. I'll try to get to a day of Rock on the Range in May (hopefully the day Metallica plays), but I know that's sold out so I'll have to check Stubhub.

I know my wife would be interested in seeing The Lumineers with me, so that may also be a possibility.

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

If anyone has the Bears Club presale password for Chicago, please let me know.

12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

The more I think about it the more I wanna road trip from MN or fly and build a vacation around it.

13. TMS2787

Trusted

I am really shocked that the Cleveland show sold out as fast as it did. I don't have tickets yet so that kind of sucks because now I'm worried I'll have to pay through the nose to get in and be in a decent seat. But at the same time I am happy because it shows that Cleveland, who is constantly skipped over for tours like this can and will spend money and come out!

SPine likes this.
  14. Daniel182

I couldn't get any tickets for Chicago yesterday, so I'm glad they added a second night.

15. SPine

Trusted

Agreed, there have barely been any concerts that are held at first energy stadium besides one direction and country artists in recent years. With Q shows not selling out it's nice to see that Cleveland can still sell out big shows.

16. bachna84

Hopefully you'll be able to get tickets at a somewhat reasonable price closer to the date of the show.

As far as this show selling out fast, I don't think U2 has played in Cleveland since 2005 and there aren't any other Ohio shows (or Michigan shows) scheduled.

Do you know if the Pittsburgh show has sold out yet? I'm assuming it has, but I hadn't seen.

17. Behind the Barricade

Second night for NJ! I'll get another crack at GA. Also, does anyone know how much the Redzone Tickets are?

18. Daniel182

$70 in Chicago. Same price as GA.

19. Behind the Barricade

Wow really? I'd love to get in that section and I thought it was some ridiculous amount.

20. Daniel182

I know! I'm really hoping to get it too, but it seems unlikely given the entire Chicago stadium sold out within seconds.

21. Behind the Barricade

Yeah same thing happened with NJ. Only thing available are the premium suites which give you a shit view of the stage.

22. Darth Annihilus

Regular

In Miami the redzone tickets were $350 before fees. So I skipped that for regular GA

23. TMS2787

Trusted

I think a lot of shows sold well last year at The Q? Springsteen, Bieber, McCartney, Kanye, all where really well attended and close to being sell outs if not sold out. I believe Summer Jam did pretty well as well as did the Carrie Underwood and Maxwell & Mary J Blige shows. I feel like these aren't ones that sold out in a ton of cities and performed up to standard vs. our cities. I don't know about a lot of what else they had but I know that Demi Lovato and Nick Joan didn't do too hot but I honk it was that way for most of the tour, same with TSO, AC/DC also didn't sell very well. Amy Schumer and the Comedy Get Down or whatever it was I had a feeling from the start they should've been at the Wolstein. I could be way off in my observation of concerts at The Q but I'm pretty sure they had a good 2016 with the shows they had, I know the three I went to (Bruce, Bieber and Kanye) all had big crowds and great merchandise sales. Lol.

Anyways… I got way off track there. Haha. It is cool that such a large show is sold out already. Makes me hopefully they'll add another day here?

I hope so as well. I was expecting it to be very well attended but not sellout this quickly. It's great for the city that it did but sucks for me. It is the first U2 show in this area in 12 years so that undoubtly plays a part in it. And as you said no other shows in Ohio or Michigan help that.

But Pittsburgh is not sold out yet. I just looked. I am actually going to do both shows because my Mom really wants to see U2 and will be out of town during the Cleveland so we're going to go to Pittsburgh for it. I'm excited that The Luminners are opening and I'll see them twice this year. But I'm not excited I might have to keep taps on a finals game on my phone. Lol.

I am holding onto slight hope they add a second date here.

$70?!! For (Red)Zone? Seriously?! Every city I've seen is like $300!

24. Daniel182

I'm pretty surprised by it too. This is from Ticketmaster.com for Chicago:

Red Zone. Gen Admission. Standing - NO Chairs.
    US $70.00
    US $70.00

General Admission Floor. Standing. NO Chairs
    US $70.00
    US $70.00

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Wow! That's awesome!