Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Typhoon - Offerings (January 12, 2018; Roll Call Records) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cody, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This behemoth of a group is recording again. Dopeness. Read a big'ol update from the band below.

Hello Friends,

I would first like to apologize for the radio silence. While it may have seemed we have been inactive during this quiet time, we have actually been very busy. Busy with the sort of everyday life activities that bog down even the most steadfast gears, but also the monumental events that can sometimes throw everything into a free spool.

Since you may have last seen us our very own Jen Hufnagel has become the proud parent of a beautiful baby boy. She welcomed baby Harry into the world earlier this year and has been raising him outside the city, where he has been exploring every bit of coastal community that he can wrap his mind around. He is already quite fond of riding around on motorcycles, or going on boat rides with his dad, and we have no doubt that he will become every bit of the talented musician his mother is.

Our other violin shredster, Shannon Rose Steele, recently graduated from school in Boston, where she was learning to tune pianos. Although she was missed terribly while she was away, we couldn't be more proud of what she has accomplished in such a short time. Already she is working at a prominent classical music festival, and is honing her craft, while also enjoying the perks of the job, to be surrounded by such distinguished musicians.

Over this last weekend, we celebrated the marriage of Kyle to his lovely bride Danielle Sullivan. You may recognize Danielle as the singer of Wild Ones, whom we have had the privilege to tour with multiple times. Anyone who knows those two knows it was a long time coming, and to be able to celebrate their love was an honor for everyone in attendance. The wedding took place at the very same farm we recorded White Lighter, and it was a treat to be able to wander the grounds again and reminisce about the time we spent there a few short years ago. The night culminated in a very rambunctious sing along to one of our collectively favorite bands Kickball. It was the perfect way to send those two along to live happily every after.

But, in all this I failed to mention the most important thing of all! In all the time that life has been chugging away at breakneck speed, we have been finding the time to write a new record. And now that summer is in full force, and the pace of life has slowed enough to allow it, we shall record that record! The details are still sparse at this point but fear not, all will be revealed in short order. We couldn't be more happy to be recording our new material and are ecstatic to know that once it is in the proverbial "can," we will be playing in a city near you! I hope that your summer treats you all well and that everyone can enjoy the longer days that it brings.

Yours Truly,

Dave Hall & Typhoon

Speculate.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"Young Fathers" is a damn near perfect song

kbeef2 and Cody like this.
  3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

White Lighter is a damn near perfect album

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

As I was reading that post I was almost positive they were going to call it quits.

So glad I was wrong. Their last album is so great.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

He also said the new Typhoon album is a couple months from completion

6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

New solo album is pretty good.

7. BackwardsWalker

Regular

Any updates out there on a new album? Listening to White Lighter again now...an all-timer for me

8. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Oh wow I thought these guys were gone for good, glad to hear that's not the case! Hunger and Thirst is one of my favorite albums of all time

9. skoopy

Regular

Not enough I can say about white lighter. Incredible release.

10. kbeef2 Sep 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2017)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Tour announcement!

Hopefully this means we're getting new music soon

EDIT: Apparently they're listening parties for the new album, not actual shows. Still, that means the new album is done!

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

kbeef2 likes this.
  12. Cody

ambitious. into it

13. irthesteve

Whoa, that sounds pretty awesome

14. Cody

Hmmm. after listening to that whole thing, I'm not really sure if this is my speed lol (he said, having made the thread). definitely liked parts of "Rorschach" and the first half of "Empiricist," but overall it sorta blended in with I guess what may be considered modern alternative these days, which I find myself rarely being into anymore.

I will say I still like what they're striving for here conceptually and I appreciate their efforts/explorations. definitely left this vid wondering how many people deep they are atm bc what I heard didn't really justify Polyphonic Spree-level membership

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

16. irthesteve

I gotta disagree with you!!! Really enjoyed this first "movement" and the new direction of the band while staying true to their past music as well

17. irthesteve

This actually reminds me a ton of Anathallo

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed this a lot, Algernon in particular. Very excited for this album.

19. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Oh God, nothing could make me more excited for this than referencing Anathallo.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

715creeks likes this.
  21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

contra11mundum likes this.
  22. kbeef2 Jan 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2018)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The last two songs on here are incredible

And “Remember” is a fucking jam

23. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yo this isss sick

teebs41, kbeef2 and 715creeks like this.
  24. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

teebs41 and 715creeks like this.
  25. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, this is awesome. Going to take a while to wrap my head around the whole thing. Super dense.

teebs41 likes this.