Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - IGOR (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 6, 2019.

1. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

This was clearly crafted as a full album listening experience and it works beautifully as such.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is easily my strongest first listening experience of 2019 so far, I fucking loved it. I’ve basically been a Tyler fan since Yonkers and I really love how he and his music have continued to evolve and grow up with me and my taste, he’s become such a legit force in music. I don’t think this tops Flower Boy but I could definitely put this in second place, it’s incredibly cohesive but also has several outstanding highlights, especially (based on one listen) New Magic Wand, A Boy is a Gun, Puppet, What’s Good (maybe my favorite), and Gone, Gone (also maybe my favorite, that chorus has been in my head all day).

Also I don’t know why everybody is saying Tyler barely raps on here, he raps on almost every song lol

3. sayjackson

Rowan5215 likes this.
  4. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Uzi is singing on Igors Theme

imthesheriff likes this.
  5. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Don't want to rush into anything but this is definitely the best album of the decade

6. He’s come a long way since Goblin. I didn’t get into his last two albums but I’ll go back and check them out again.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Running out of time is a standout so far for me

8. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I strongly recommend listening to this with a good set of headphones. The sound design on "I THINK" alone is incredible.

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

What an amazing roller coaster it’s been following Tyler’s career. From listening to Goblin in sophomore year of high school/all of that initial OFWGKTA hype to now has been insane. What a discography and it’s only getting better.

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I thought he just had a writing credit?

this album is amazing and I think a very close second to Flower Boy. is this the first full rap breakup album??

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Take care is about more than that, but pretty much a break up album imo

Omni and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Listen closely to the beginning, you can hear him.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

oh yeah from what I know that's a good call. just never cared for Drake at any point honestly

Omni and Rowan5215 like this.
  15. Rowan5215

yeah if I ever met Tyler I imagine the first words out of my mouth would be like "hey dude the end of Pothole is fucking amazing" or something

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

He’d be one of the best people to talk music in general with I assume

Omni likes this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Pothole is a very underrated song on that album. Absolutely love it

Rowan5215 likes this.
  18. Rowan5215

absolute banger, love the second verse especially

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  19. congruence

Got a light?

first listen in car- this is really cool and risky and the production is great
    listening with headphones reading lyrics- this is the best album I have heard in a long time, this dude is the most innovative producer possibly ever

20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I like that this blends the gloomier production of his earlier releases with the more mature songwriting from FB.

Yeah I’m with everyone else this is probably the best first listen I’ve had with a Tyler album and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into it with the lyrics in front of me

21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Contender likes this.
  22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

23. I hit up the pop up shop in Beverly Hills today

7E0170BA-4CB9-41A8-BB78-83D21B52164B.jpeg

6580F512-C8A1-4E2E-BC0E-5D6F17C7C1A7.jpeg

24. wow I got greasy fingers on my iPad cover lmao

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

this was...fine? I'm not sure I get the hype, maybe this style just feels a little underwhelming to me. I'll probably play it again but my reaction was much more mild.