Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - IGOR (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 6, 2019.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

so stoked to listen

Drew Beringer and radiodead like this.
  2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

This makes me happy

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

WHAT'S GOOD is fucking filthy dear god

Anthony_ and jlinitz like this.
  4. This is ridiculously good

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

Tyler fascinates me with the way his career has gone. Never would have thought the same dude who did Bastard and Goblin would have an album like this. And yea you could say same thing for Flower Boy but this goes even further I feel.

Production is fuckin ace, really really cool album on first listen.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wowww I love this. Really great throughout. I think Puppet was my favorite (even before Kanye showed up). And Are We Still Friends was such a great way to close it. I can’t wait to listen again.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really bummed because none of this album hit on first listen and I'd go so far as to say that there was some stuff I hated about it. I'll have to return to it after some time away but I'd be surprised if I end up liking more than maybe 2 or 3 songs from this.

I hate when this happens :(

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

A BOY IS A GUN had my jaw on the floor

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  9. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

OH WOW. First few songs I was wishing for more bars but I'm sure this will grow on me.

Just finished the run from "A Boy is a Gun" - "What's Good" and that was amazing. Also really dug "Igor's Theme" in my car this morning lol.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

What's Good is so sick it should be illegal

Rowan5215, JaytotheGee and sean_rugy like this.
  11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

This is really cool

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hype to listen

13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

whoa, heavily into this

14. This is a really impressive first listen but I wonder how well some moments on here will hold up after a whole. Flower Boy is endlessly replayable, I’m not sure that’s gonna be the case with this record.

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is easily my biggest surprise of the year so far. Was not expecting him to go in this direction but it's so damn good.

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

Probably his best record yet. Really took his Flower Boy approach and pushed it to weirder and murkier places.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

IGOR got my brain thinking EGOT, which got me thinking that Tyler winning an EGOT in like 10-15 years wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world.

18. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

What record did you listen to lol

19. I didn’t have all the tracks apparently when I listened to it earlier in the day

Owlex likes this.
  20. sayjackson

on first listen I love it. there's some songs in here that I'm sure before would've just been reference tracks for other people that would go nowhere, but on this he just fully embraces that side and I'm all here for it. a lot of Pharrell/N.E.R.D influence, also some stereolab and more indie stuff as well with tracks like "I don't love you anymore".

i'm super glad Tyler made an album about love, and even happier that it's a weird breakup/"I'm better than your girlfriend" story. looking forward to the special edition vinyl, and now I'm even more pumped about camp flog gnaw.

Rowan5215 and ChiliTacos like this.
  21. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

This is a really cool album, but I don't think it's as good as Flower Boy. It's definitely much more unique though and I definitely love it. Tyler is very talented, clearly,

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Goddamn this is great, production is so good

23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

that last track is insane it’s like tyler’s drunk emotional karaoke song that he crushes in every way lol

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This is a really nice surprise. With a title like IGOR I was expecting something closer to his old style

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can not stop rockin my head to this album, wow

sean_rugy likes this.