Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - IGOR (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 6, 2019.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

major Brian Wilson vibes on that bit

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Finally spending some time with this. It's cool. Not on board with all the hype necessarily but I like it

3. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Never thought I would say this after my first listen but with more time I think this just topped Flower Boy for me.

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Lol

imthesheriff and Anthony Brooks like this.
  5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Not listed but Jack white does guitar on are we still friends

ChiliTacos and Joe4th like this.
  6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, gonna give this another full listen. Been a week or more since I have, see if it hits me differently this time.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

So there's quite a few hooks, melodies, moments, etc... that I absolutely love and get caught in my head, but the whole thing flows through and none of it sticks as a cohesive great song. And by the time I'm done, it's just like "okay" and wishing that the little moments I liked were somehow fully realized.

It sucks, I was really looking forward to this album.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'll have to revisit it again in a month or something, idk

9. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I would give it some more time. On my first listen I was comparing it too much to flower boy and not enjoying it for being it's own thing. I now like it more than flower boy.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is probably my third or fourth full listen in the last 2 weeks or so. And I'm perfectly happy with it not being another Flower Boy. I didn't want or expect that. I just don't like this album is all.

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I seem to enjoy this more and more with each listen.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

ARENAS

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. username

hey you lil piss baby

Hmmm I don’t know if I want to sacrifice a prime Friday night during opening weekend if TIFF to see him, but the last tour was just so good

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Will be there. Still hope that at some point he adds some live instruments to his show but the production on this should be nuts as his first arena tour.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

100% going, this show will be amazing if his Gov Ball performance is anything to go by and I've always wanted to see Goldlink too

I can't believe this will be my third time seeing Jaden Smith in a year and a half lol

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Columbus and Pitts shows are def way smaller than all the other shows. Will 100% go to Columbus

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

And they're outdoors! Was going to do Buffalo to Toronto trip but I'm thinking Buffalo to Pitt instead. Would much rather have general admission for this one.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. radiodead

Trusted

I like this more than Flower Boy. This is his best record imo.

irthesteve, Jbent and wisdomfordebris like this.
  19. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

gave this a proper listen yesterday and now it's on repeat for the foreseeable future

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Liking this more

21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Dj Khaled is such a dweeb

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I heard IGOR playing from the back of a Chipotle the other day.

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

what the fuck does that video mean

25. To this day I am convinced that DJ Khaled is the fictional alter-ego of a comedian who has been filming a Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping-esque mockumentary for the better part of a decade