Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 6, 2017.

1. My AOTY as well

ECV likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

just thinking of boredom now made me listen to the album again. It's a good driving album.

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This, Science Fiction, and You're Not As _____ You Think are my top three for the year. Still not completely sure how I would rank them at this point. All three have become important to me in an incredibly short amount of time.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Was listening to this today and I can't decide if this or DAMN. is my favorite hip hop album of the year so far. This thing is just so good.

skogsraet, ChaseTx and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

in terms of hip hop releases, this is probably in top 5 next to Brockhampton, Vince Staples and Lil Uzi Vert.

It also reminds me it's been a great summer for hip hop.

ECV and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  6. This and DAMN. are both top five of the year for me but I finally looked into Brockhampton and holy moly

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I still need to listen to Brockhampton. I enjoyed Uzi's but didn't love it, personally.

8. This and Saturation II are my favorite rap albums of the year

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

DAMN was my AOTY before this came out, and flower boy may have only beat it out because it caught me at a time where the themes are very relevant to me

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Aaron Mook Aug 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2017)
    Between this and Brockhampton I'm just loving the be yourself/love yourself themes rising in hip-hop right now

Matt Chylak and CarpetElf like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

im just going to leave this here:

also that gotta be my new avatar

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

This is probably my favourite hip hop album Of The year behind G Perico.

13. CobraKidJon

I got someone into new tyler by showing her how good boredom was.

I'll take that W.

14. Has anybody in here watched Tyler's Viceland show? The clips on Youtube are really interesting

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I've watched every episode, the concept is genuinely interesting and Tyler is a great host. The season is over already (only 6 episodes) but it's definitely worth watching

Aaron Mook and sean_rugy like this.
  16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

watch the breakfast episode! my Dad is the maple syrup guy. they're all very well done though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

there isn't really a thread for this but dang the camp flog gnaw lineup keeps getting more stacked for me. Jaden Smith isn't playing but they announced Playboi Carti is taking his spot.

skogsraet likes this.
  18. That's so rad!! One of my favorite clips for sure. Did your dad enjoy doing the show?

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

production on this thing is good

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Lately I've been considering the idea that Tyler does the same act of self-immolation on record in service of personal growth that Jay does on 4:44. Obviously they're complete stylistic opposites; Jay went sparse and bare, and Tyler produced this beautiful patchwork piece. But I would be interested to find out if they've heard each others' albums and identified with the others' struggle in any way.

21. Their struggles on these respective albums are so specific though, I don't know if they could or need to be compared. I'd have to think about it.

22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

he did! he said his one on one time with Tyler drivining from location to location on the property was really cool, said he was super insightful and really interested in everything that was going on. he thought for sure Tyler was going in the water when they were on the pond.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Jay is my favorite rapper but I like this so much more than 4:44

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

I was driving home from work last night around like 11 PM and they played the FRESH NEW MUSIC TAG.

I was all curious and then the voice said "Tyler the creator see you again" and I freaked. It felt so great to hear him on radio especially bexause I love that song opening.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Aaron Mook, Joel and Contender like this.