Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy (July 21, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 6, 2017.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Really solid album, not a bad song on here

2. take me back to november

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is sooo strong.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I went to Target and they had this album in the back but couldn't put it out on shelves because of title. Which is dumb because it's only called Flower Boy but yeah

skogsraet and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wayne!

Aregala likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is pretty good. Production/beats lacking but I expected that. Not my style

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I can't even lie

I been lonely as fuck

Aaron Mook and Aregala like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Garden Shed deserves the hype tho. Great song

CarpetElf, ECV and Aregala like this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Holy shit, like I said I've always been a big Tyler fan but this is definitely his best work. What a fantastic, cohesive piece of work. Every time it ends I just want to listen to it again. Very happy I didn't listen to the leak

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Finally got to listen to this and I'm going to need a couple more listens, but I'm loving how much he's matured lyrically and I've always liked the production on his stuff

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

ListenIng to this album really makes me want a collab album of this Tyler and Earl

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is ridiculously good

Aaron Mook, algae, ECV and 1 other person like this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Potential AOTY for me.

Aaron Mook and ECV like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Everybody would probably fuck with the Kevin Abstract/Brockhampton tapes if you like this

sean_rugy, CarpetElf, zmtr and 6 others like this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

concur 100%

16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

For reference:

CarpetElf and matthaber like this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really wish I liked Brockhampton more than I do. They're good but I wouldn't go any farther than that

19. algae

Regular Prestigious

Really enjoy that Who Dat Boy is one of the hardest songs and at first glance sounds like it could be addressing haters but it seems like it's really about Tyler looking for dat boy, 95 Leo:heart:

20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm completely obsessed with this album now. I've had it on repeat for days and I know I'm not done

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

This is excellent

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

Great bounce back from Cherry Bomb. I wasn't feeling his last one.

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

been revisiting Tyler after @beachdude42 messaged me on FB about how much he was enjoying this record. quickfire thoughts i guess

Bastard: still great, creepy beats and some fucking insane lyrics/flows that i really enjoyed even if theyre problematic at points. Flower Boy has added some new context to certain lines on this and others albums that make it even more interesting.

Goblin: I actually like this about as much as Bastard which I think is unpopular but I quite like what he did with this. kinda more of the same but still fascinating

Wolf: similar to the last two but Tyler branches out more musically and i really enjoy the storyline thats in these 3 albums even if it can get pretty wild at points. for someone so young Tyler is really complex and very aware of who he is and what hes about. his struggle with mental illness is very relatable as well as is struggle with sexuality.

Cherry Bomb: i think i like this more than most but its not nearly as good as the other releases. this album has the most Death Grips influence on it to me and while I adore that band I think Tyler just isnt as creative or forward thinking on this release. its ok but a downgrade for sure

Flower Boy: its early, really early, but i think this is his best project and really REALLY struck a chord with me. im gonna be brutally honest here, im a pretty morbid person. violence and sexuality and death and macabre themes have always captured my attention and been things i think about, not in the sense that i want to act out any of that stuff or anything but i just have a sense of morbid curiosity. maybe thats tied in with my own struggle with BPD, depression, and sexuality or maybe thats just who i am but for whatever reason this album really connected with me and absolutely broke my heart at certain points. Tyler sounds like he needs help. Like, real professional help and i hope he gets it. all that aside i really like the beats and the creative flows on here in addition to the great lyrics. its been a real treat watching Tyler evolve and mature.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

this is good as FUCK.

CoffeeEyes17 and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Owlex and CoffeeEyes17 like this.