Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy (July 21, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 6, 2017.

1. btr Jul 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2017)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Release Date: July 21st, 2017
    Label: Columbia Records

1. Foreword
    2. Where This Flower Blooms
    3. Sometimes...
    4. See You Again
    5. Who Dat Boy
    6. Pothole
    7. Garden Shed
    8. Boredom
    9. I Ain't Got Time!
    10. 911 / Mr. Lonely
    11. Droppin' Seeds
    12. November
    13. Glitter
    14. Enjoy Right Now, Today

beachdude42, Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for this. I liked a lot of Cherry Bomb and the two tracks he dropped last week are dope.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yeah I was into those songs a lot. His releases tend to not age well with me but I still like a lot of Cherry Bomb (even though it does sound like shit)

4. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Ready for this, liking the singles a lot.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There's a Lil Wayne feature and Frank features on two songs according to the writing credits on iTunes

6. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know why but I love that album title. Never listened to Cherry but curious about this

7. Glad he's grown out of a lot of the schlocky stuff. Cherry Bomb is super interesting and holds up for the most part. Very much enjoyed the singles so I'm here for this

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

in for this

9. radiodead

Trusted

Fan of the artwork

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it leaked

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, this is early. I feel bad for him

I don't listen to leaks but apparently he comes out on this album? That's what I've read

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I've been kissing white boys since 2004.

13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

only a couple tracks in, but so far this is some of the best stuff ive heard from him. That 2nd track is amazing

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hows the production? Same ol same ol?

15. matthaber

a lot of Steve Lacey influence. Feels a lot more chilled out than his previous work. So far Who Dat Boy is the hardest song on the album.

16. lina555

Regular

I weight!

17. matthaber

Garden Shed and Boredom are such stand out tracks on this

18. Subbing. Downloaded, gonna give this a listen later today

19. ...Did not expect this, but I think this might be my favorite thing I've heard all year. And I have a Manchester advance.

Idk if it will be that good to everyone but it just really hit me somewhere special. I actually replayed it immediately after my first listen because it messed me up so much. I have a lot of questions, but I am very, very happy for him and happy that this album exists. It's far and away his best.

that being said, i'm already dreading the think pieces written by straight folk that are sure to pop up

20. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

That is quite an advanced leak these days - pretty rare.

I'd like to give this a listen, but I just hope he's given up some of the unnecessary childish antics he's always been a part of... or at least, let up a little bit. I mean, I probably will listen at least once and decide from there.

And I sure hope with the lyrical content I've been seeing of the leaked songs that he is indeed coming out, and not doing this as some sort of joke because that just wouldn't be very cool.

21. No slurs here, which is wonderful, and he also references being worried about how fans/friends will react to "Garden Shed" on"November." He hasn't commented yet, so I could obviously be wrong (and I would be very upset if that were the case), but everything here seems very heartfelt (not to mention sad).

22. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Well then that sounds pretty darn cool to me. Now I'm definitely excited to give it a listen.

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I've never been heavily into him but this really blew me away on first listen. Really emotional and easily his best for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. I was fully crying by the end of this.

25. I'm blown away. The lyrics on here made me uncomfortable and emotional in a way that I didn't expect. It's a beautiful record that really contextualizes Tyler's entire career in a way I'm not sure anyone was expecting. "Important" gets thrown around a lot these days in ways I'm not always down with but this album is so critically important to the conversation and Tyler is unbelievably brave for bearing it all like this.

The songs and instrumentals themselves are also very, very good. The sequencing is great, the production is consistent and perfectly mood-setting, and for the most part it falls on the more melodic side of things, which is where I've always liked Tyler the most.

This is the big surprise of the year for me so far. Unbelievable record.