Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler Glenn - Excommunication (October 21, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by quietwords, Oct 24, 2016.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

[​IMG]

Track Listing
    Sudden Death (OMG)
    G.D.M.M.L. Grls
    Trash
    Gods + Monsters
    Gates
    Shameless
    Waiting Around
    First Vision
    Midnight
    One More
    Black Light
    John, Give ‘Em Hell
    Devil

Anyone else listen to this yet? Some of it is a bit too on-the-nose for me, and it drags a bit. But there are some good moments.

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Going to be a very important record for me because of the content and how it directly relates to my own ex-Mormon faith crisis.

Really love most of it especially Devil and the song for John Dehlin. Midnight too.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely will check it out, though the last Neon Trees album wasn't too promising

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Whoa, that's the Neon Trees guy? Interesting.. didn't know he had solo stuff, what's it like?

5. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

It's not as big sounding or as poppy as Neon Trees. It's his solo album about getting kicked out of the Mormon Church for being gay. So the songs and videos are all about that. Video for Trash has him spitting on a picture of Joseph Smith, shows garments and torn up Book of Mormons.

The songs them self are pretty good but the ballad sounding ones are where he really shines

Cody likes this.
  6. "Devil" forever. That song nails it.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  7. quietwords

First vision is probably my favorite. Parts of that song are super relatable and hit me in the gut.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  8. quietwords

Yeah that album was pretty disappointing. This one has more substance. Enjoying it more on second listen, too. Last week was just such a good week for new releases

9. quietwords

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. i can't get enough of this album. maybe it's because i'm from utah and know a little about what he's been through, but i really believe that this could be considered a classic album someday. it's an album that anyone who is on the fence with their faith can listen to and find solace in. i'm so proud of tyler for being so open, and courageous enough to share this.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Enjoyed this on first listen, didn't pay much attention to the lyrics though so I'm gonna need some more focused listens to really get into it

12. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Same tbh.

Listen pretty much every day and it helps me out in my own life a lot. Dude is brave as hell