Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tyler Childers - Country Squire (August 2, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micah511, May 17, 2019.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

shea and Chcurry182 like this.
  2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Incredibly excited for this, and I think this has a chance to blow up the way Sturgill did, if not even bigger.

3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Yes please, "House Fire" is great as is its video

4. Still can't make it through "Universal Sound" with dry eyes, let's do it

5. "House Fire" is fun and holy shit the production sounds really good.

MexicanGuitars and Micah511 like this.
  6. shea

RIP Supporter

Micah511 likes this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Oh yes, this album.

House Fire is something else.

8. vidiviciveni

Trusted

He’s 2 fer with these

I hate bad country, but I love good country, and this guy makes fucking good country

9. shea

RIP Supporter

Live streaming the album release show. Whitehouse Road right now. Opened with House Fire.

Matthewconte likes this.
  10. shea

RIP Supporter

Shit I didn’t know he does a full band version of Dead Man’s Curve. I hope this is replayable. Gotta figure out how to rip it.

11. For those who missed the RR stream recently:

He's on fire and the band is just too fucking good. Have a ticket to see him here in three weeks, by which I mean I think I'm gonna have to shell out for a resale ticket to his second show too--one is NOT ENOUGH

12. the RR link I posted also has a full-band dead man's curve fyi

shea likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

DaydreamNation likes this.
  14. shea

RIP Supporter

Nice!

Gotta wonder if they knew this was coming and just said fuck the other stream. Never did get put up anywhere that I can tell.

GoBarves

15. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Maybe I haven't given it enough spins but this fell out of rotation very quickly for me. Something with this just didn't click with me like his first one.

16. Craig Manning

Purgatory is definitely the stronger record, but I still like this one a lot. The songs (intentionally) run together a bit on this one, so it takes more listens to appreciate.

17. This is a great record but Purgatory is an all-timer. Not really a fair comparison though when he'd had the better part of a decade to slowly craft the songs on Purgatory as opposed to two years for this one. I absolutely love the way this record sounds though--when that piano kicks in on the second verse of the title track it just makes me grin. Love the first four songs especially and then "Peace of Mind" is a hidden gem. Bummed he's not playing that one live it seems.

Speaking of which, I'm finally seeing him live tonight! And maybe tomorrow night too if I can justify buying the ticket and tonight is just too good to say no haha

Craig Manning likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

My feeling is that this one doesn't have a knockout on the level of "Feathered Indians" or "Universal Sound." If it had that one really killer song I think it would be a little closer to Purgatory for me.

Matt Chylak, DaydreamNation and shea like this.
  19. Yep that 100% for me. Part of I think is that he decided on this record he wanted to do some storytelling rather than the shoot-from-the-hip pure emotion like those songs exemplify.

He's a bright star regardless. Gotta say...it's been a pretty good decade for country music from my home state of KY

Craig Manning and jdr2187 like this.
  20. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

He's got so many great unreleased songs, especially for such a young artist. It's insane

21. Craig Manning

Did Purgatory grow on you over time? I seem to remember you being lukewarm on it at first, but I might be thinking of someone else.

22. Yeah it sure did. I was lukewarm on it for almost a year

23. Incredible show tonight, might have to check out the one tomorrow too

24. stars143

Trusted

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

This was a great listen. May have to pick up the vinyl.