Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tycho - Weather (July 12, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 14, 2019.

1. amorningofsleep May 14, 2019
    (Last edited: May 14, 2019)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Mom+Pop / Ninja Tune

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    1. Easy
    2. Pink & Blue (feat. Saint Sinner)
    3. Japan (feat. Saint Sinner)
    4. Into The Woods
    5. Skate (feat. Saint Sinner)
    6. For How Long (feat. Saint Sinner)
    7. No Stress (feat. Saint Sinner)
    8. Weather

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Here for it

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really like the vibes of a Tycho track with vocals over it, excited for a change. That being said, it's pretty cool/smart that an instrumental version of the single was released alongside it.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wish he led off with the "Japan" track first, as it's easily the best released so far

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ohhhh, instrumental of Japan adds a good 3 minutes of extra sound; pretty blissful

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Spazzy McGee and amorningofsleep like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

but the album art

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

10. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

[​IMG]

11. irthesteve

"Japan" is really great

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

13. congruence

Got a light?

The singles grew on me so I'm assuming the others will as well but wasn't immediately impressed but my expectations are always high for him

14. Goodness this record is incredible

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

A bigger fan of the non-vocal tracks, but still a solid record overall

amorningofsleep likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The vocal tracks just feel off to me.

17. I’ll always take more instrumental Tycho but the vocals are a welcome change up for me. Really appreciate that it’s all just one vocalist too and not like a different one for every song

18. congruence

Got a light?

Japan really grew on me with time and Skate was getting stuck in my head for such a minimalist Tycho track with vocals, my main issue is some of the lyrics being a bit generic in comparison to the layered complex instrumentals, in a way still appreciate him doing something different and having the ability to sing along to Tycho songs

19. irthesteve

Enjoyable album after one listen

20. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Really enjoy the closer, excited to be able to listen to the instrumental album this fall. Can’t really bring myself to listen to the other vocal tracks unfortunately

21. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Into the Woods is a jam.

congruence likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this feels like the only memorable album of the year for me. I listen to it so damn much.

23. Spazzy McGee

Regular

New interview mentions the instrumental version of this is coming out in November and he's also been working on an additional album, parallel to Weather.
    "
    I’m working on the instrumental record right now which is almost done,” Hansen reveals.That will probably be out in November. It’s an instrumental version of Weather. All of the vocal songs existed as instrumentals before, and I really want those to be expressed in that form as well. But I just want to put some space between those two releases so people have time to digest the vocal one and then this one will come out.

Other than that I’m pretty focused on the touring. There’s another instrumental record I was writing in parallel to Weather, completely separate songs."

Tycho Speaks On Album Inspiration, Working With Vocals, & Upcoming Projects In Exclusive TSIS Interview

24. irthesteve

Nice

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is pretty bliss actually