Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues - Two (October 14, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 26, 2016.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

that song is pretty good! it really does sound like garbage!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  2. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I'm liking the song itself a lot, but the production...Jesus. I'm an IDTII defender, but damn.

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This.

4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

This song is better than the first, but still not good at all. Probably on par with I Don't Think It Is. Damn it, I was really hoping Chris would take Max out of this shit phase.

5. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Liked the second one more than the first. Really not a fan of this lofi production streak he's been on, but it works better for this song.

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

These demos sound promising. Can't wait to hear what they sound like professionally recorded and mixed

:sly:

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

haha

8. Do not like the new song.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed the first record. Why is this one sound so awful. Couldn't make it through the song.

10. figureitout

Regular

Unfortunately "Truly" doesn't sound much better than "Azalea". I'll still listen to this but my expectations have plummeted. Holding out for hope that there's at least a song or two on here I'll love.

11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Max needs to work with a producer again. This self producing his projects is not working well for him - though I dig the production on the Perma album.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. Dan O'Neill

Regular

There were two producers besides Max on the most recent Say Anything album. I know he's been recording stuff with Will Yip semi-recently, so Yip probably helped on Two Tongues Two too.

13. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I was under the impression that Yip just mixed IDTII. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a similar situation. If he is working with producers - they need to go into producer mode and tell him when something isn't sounding good.

Benjamin Lee and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. Max needs a producer who will straight up tell him "No, that's a horrible idea and you're not doing it. Write something better." I still think he's got genius in him, but he needs someone to pull it out of him and cut all the terrible ideas that have plagued his last several albums.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep. Every artist needs a good producer to reign them in.

16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Shit I LOVE "Truly"

I hated the production on the last SA album, but I actually think it suits these songs on first impression.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I honestly love Hebrews, that album made me excited for Say Anything's future and I was not worried about Max self-producing. But then IDTII happened, and now this is happening and I don't know. I'd love for Max to work with Neal Avron again as I think he needs to be kind of shocked back into focus by someone like that. (Though I'm sure his current worth is much less than it was during the self-titled era and Equal Vision would never pay for that. Haha) He really needs to be brought back into making music though. And not shitty, "experimental", garage band demos.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

19. this is great!

although a couple minutes too long

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. Aaron Mook Sep 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2016)
    Strange that this is like...the first real promotion I've seen for this album

Edit: yeah, I actually kind of enjoyed that

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I like that song.

22. Can Max make a pop album with Neal Avron next?

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I would actually kill for Max to make another polished record like the self-titled one at this point. Haha

24. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I like both songs... Production is dragging them down hard though! Seriously half of IDTII and these songs could be really good stuff but y oh y would they make the production so shitty!

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Solid track. Feel pretty confident I'm going to like this record.

Dan O'Neill likes this.