Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues - Two (October 14, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Oh, I just meant on the Saves The Day Facebook page....I'm surprised that the Chorus thread for Saves isn't full of love too though.

All I know is that my hype for Two is through the roof right now. :)

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

So, Chris played the drums on the record.

chewbacca110 and Dan O'Neill like this.
  3. Interesting. Didn't Coby play drums on the last one?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, Coby played on the last one.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah those drums sound bad. I like the song though.

6. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I actually really dig the chorus, after listening to it again, but the verses really put me off.

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This isn't nearly as bad as some people made it out to be. Expected to hate it and I don't. I don't love it either, but it's not the worst and is probably better than anything on IDTII.

Aaron Mook and ECV like this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this is just awful

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. I would actually probably really like it if it were competently produced

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm pretty sure my band can get a better drum sound in my completely unfinished, cement basement. This is the kind of production I'd expect from an up and coming local band, not the musicians behind Say Anything and Saves The Day. The chorus of the song, from a musical standpoint, is totally benign and actually pretty catchy, but I don't think I'll even try listening to the whole album if this what the production is going to sound like.

Although, Say Anything hasn't had decent production on a record since 2009 so...

11. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Agreed. I'm surprised more people weren't complaining about it before IDTII (which at least makes some aesthetic of its production). The mixing on some songs on Hebrews really hurt them for me ("Call Me Kubrick").

12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't like Chris Conley and I don't like current Say Anything. I don't expect to like this.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I think this is worse than every song on IDTII except for Princess and Varicose Visage; I can pretty well promise you won't like this if you also don't like Chris Conley. haha

14. Dan O'Neill

Regular

That makes sense. My friends and I all love Saves The Day AND this new Two Tongues track. :)

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I love some Saves the Day; I'm weird and love the trilogy and their recent Self-titled albums a ton, like In Reverie a good bit, but not really big on anything before that though.

I've been a huge Say Anything defender since a little after Anarchy, My Dear (since a lot of people don't like anything post IARB or post Self-titled). IDTII kind of broke me though and it's one of my least favorite albums I've ever heard. I'm glad it has an audience though, and I'm trying to remain optimistic that 2016 is just a phase and Max will go back to making music I enjoy next album cycle.

Aaron Mook and Dan O'Neill like this.
  16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Saves The Day's recent albums rule, yeah. In Reverie is my favorite of theirs, but I honestly like it all.

And yeah, I don't get why people are so hard on Say Anything albums. I understand the distaste for IDTII (though I enjoy it, I get that it's weird as hell), but I love Hebrews and Anarchy.

17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I think the song is great, some people I feel wouldn't like this no matter what it sounded like

KidLightning and Dan O'Neill like this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Anarchy helped me a lot through an especially bad part of my life, same with Hebrews. I love both of those albums. Hebrews is actually tied with In Defense of the Genre as my favorite Say Anything album. But yeah. I imagine I won't be big on Two Tongues Two, but I'm glad it has an audience and hopefully I'll enjoy what comes next.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually really like this song on first listen. Not going to judge the audio quality yet though as the youtube video posted in the OP is a rip of the Apple Stream and probably not HQ

KidLightning likes this.
  20. irthesteve

FYI official stream, which does at least sound better than OP video, but still not mixed all that great

Dan O'Neill, Cameron and KidLightning like this.
  21. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Just listen on Apple Music or Spotify for the best version. :)

22. irthesteve

Dan O'Neill and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. Dan O'Neill likes this.
  24. schackbr

Regular

the production on these two songs is ruining absolutely anything enjoyable about them.

"truly" actually appears like it would be a good tune. it's a shame it sounds like dog shit.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love both these songs so far. I do agree that the mixing is pretty rough on them, but I'm able to look past it personally. I can't wait for the tour, because I imagine these songs will really sound good live.