Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Tongues - Two (October 14, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Aug 26, 2016.

1. 1. Azalea
    2. Truly
    3. Barcelona
    4. U.S.
    5. Scorpio
    6. S.O.S.S.O.L.
    7. We Can Work
    8. Veuve Clicquot
    9. Bateman
    10. Interlude Two
    11. Black Hole

2. this isn't as immediately bad as i thought it was on first listen, and it certainly isn't as bad as the last say anything album, but the mix is just awful

3. i had to switch from my phone to my computer because I couldn't believe it sounded this bad. it sounds like a 90 kbps version of the real song.

the song is a lot of Chris, which I like.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dude...what the actual fuck makes someone think this is good production?

Do they expect people to pay money for something that sounds like it was recorded live into the Macbook mic?

5. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

My god, this is woeful.

6. it sounds like they really tried to make it garage-y.....but the first minute is like smoke machine dramatic. it's that shift that's really bizarre when the drums come in.

Aaron Mook and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Haven't liked anything from Two Tongues before. And ...IARB and IDOTG are the only two SA records I enjoy. No surprise, but I don't like this either. I wanted to, but it was just bad.

8. schackbr

Regular

.....yeahhhhhh i can't get behind this.

9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I came here from the Say Anything thread, which is all positive. I also just got a text regarding this song from a friend that only said "oh my fuck," haha.

I love this song. Can't wait to hear the album and finally catch a for-real Two Tongues headlining show this Fall. :)

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The new track is awful. Skip this shit, Chris, and just make more Saves the Day.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. The song is good, the mix is AWFUL. And I LOVE I Don't Think it is.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. devenstonow

Noobie

Good song. Initially listening through it, I think Bemis saved a song for the first time. Hate the album art.

and yeah, glad to see I was beat to the punch on "will yip sucks"(he did produce this right? I feel like CC tweeted about it)

13. JWard

i'm sorry i ever even had a passing thought that maybe Two Tongues should do another album.

14. I like the song a lot, but the mix is very bad. Thought it was just YT at first, but the Apple Music version is no better.

Still, hopeful that this will be a good album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Once again something Max Bemis touches has god awful production.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Started laughing when Max came in with the screaming. Doesn't work for me. Oh well.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Literally have zero hope for this album at this point. This is so bad. I was really hoping Max wouldn't release two albums I hated in one year, but that's what it's looking like....

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Saves The Day>>>>>>anything Max has done

Tried to listen to this song again and yeah it like physically hurts my ears, much like Hebrews and IDTII.

19. it just doesn't make any sense? like it could have been a good song?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I've noticed that the Saves The Day fan base seems 100% positive on the Facebook posts about this song, while the Say Anything post is about 50/50 - just like Chorus. :)

21. saves the day thread only has a few posts about it and they're all negative?

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Max released easily the worst album of the year, maybe the worst I've heard this decade even with "I Don't Think It Is". I love Max and Chris, but this is just bad. I hope this year is just a weird phase for Max and not his definitive sound moving forward. I'm not worried about Saves the Day, I love everything In Reverie forward by them.

23. Honestly more excited for a new Saves the Day album than most other things.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love the song. The mix doesn't bother me until the weird thing where he chorus almost fades out. Definitely strange but it doesn't necessarily ruin it for me.

This one definitely seems like a more Conley written song to me. Does anyone know what their writing process is like for this? Do they each write a handful of songs or do they actually sit down and write together?

KidLightning and Dan O'Neill like this.
  25. This new song rules!