Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Two Members of Pussy Riot Reportedly Missing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Newsweek is reporting that two members of Pussy Riot have gone missing:

Two members of Pussy Riot, the all-female Russian punk rock band from Moscow known for their provocative protest lyrics and colorful balaclavas, disappeared on Tuesday while traveling from the Crimean Peninsula to Moscow. […] The women were allegedly in Crimea to protest the detention of filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who is serving a 20-year sentence on terrorism charges that many say are politically motivated.

KennyBloggins likes this.
  2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Pussy Riot is nothing short of legendary. Probably the most punk rock band of all time. Excited to see them at Boston Calling.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

4. Analog Drummer

Regular

Gulag for sure I was thinking

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

cwhit likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I read some interesting points from some queer writers talking about how it’s kind of weird how interested in being famous they are. It’s very interesting

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i think probably it's partly a product of being a female punk group out of modern russia, there's a lot that probably.... requires some working through on that front. not as an excuse but it would make sense

cwhit likes this.