Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Website • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Try resetting the account cache. If that doesn't work, delete it and reinstall and relogin.

AelNire likes this.
  2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

starting to tweet more, have really only used it to follow people, recommendation of a better app to split sportswriters/music people/other people into lists and stuff?

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

People will hate me but tweetdeck is free for desktop and it should allow you to make lists you can view.

TweetDeck | About

cwhit likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

In the last couple days I'm noticing tweets in my feed from people I don't follow and not retweeted by anyone I follow. They all say retweeted by the original poster

So what's up with that

6. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Looks like Twitter will soon be updating their privacy policy where they will no longer be adhering to the "Do Not Track" browser privacy setting. They'll be adapting "WebChoices" which only allows a user to customize the ads they see and no longer allows them to opt out of tracking.

7. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Is there any way to clear out your RTs without manually un-retweeting each one? I seem to recall there at least being a way to view your profile w/o retweets, but even that seems to be gone.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

10. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

11. juned393

12. bones

#HEEL

The latest app update auto-opens to the top of my timeline (most recent tweet) so I have to scroll down to a new "Tweets from your last visit" section to start where I left off, and I hate it so much.

Anyone know if there's a way to turn this off?

13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Third time trying to get my Twitter account verified. I got a rejection email the first time, but I didn't get anything the second time. I blame "Give me nuggs" for this. Too many people flooding the service with "One of my tweets went viral. I wanna get verified" nonsense.

14. Carl Smookes Sep 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2017)
    Carl Smookes

Anybody got tips on how to get more followers on Twitter? I feel like my Twitter game is good but could be better. Would be cool get some more people following. I'm posting interesting content, retweeting interesting stuff, but I was wondering if anyone has some tips that aren't the obvious ones :P Also,
    what do people think about Twitter cards? I feel like there could be something useful there but would like to know if anyone has used them...

15. crunchprank

16. crunchprank

I just learned there's a night mode option for Twitter! Mind blown!

[​IMG]

17. Apps of a Feather
    After June 19th, 2018, “streaming services” at Twitter will be removed. This means two things for third-party apps:

Push notifications will no longer arrive
    Timelines won’t refresh automatically
    If you use an app like Talon, Tweetbot, Tweetings, or Twitterrific, there is no way for its developer to fix these issues.

We are incredibly eager to update our apps. However, despite many requests for clarification and guidance, Twitter has not provided a way for us to recreate the lost functionality. We've been waiting for more than a year.

18. lightning

19. Christian Romero likes this.
  20. I'm convinced that all the executives at twitter are fucking stupid idiots and probably Nazis

Ken likes this.
  21. Christian Romero likes this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Does anyone know how to disable the new profile preview twitter shows you when clicking an account on iphone? I always want to go straight to the full profile. It's incredibly annoying.

23. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

This post has aged incredibly well lol

(Im not being sarcastic)

Jason Tate likes this.