Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Website • Page 3

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna Sep 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2016)
    Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks. I figured that would be the case.

At least you have your actual name in there! I can't get first, first and last, or first, middle initial, and last at all haha. Can't even do an underscore between either. Looks like I'll just never have my name.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

My take away from that is that the person is using to follow feeds because it seems that they get rid of inactive accounts.

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Some I saw were only following one person. Like this one: nkondou (@hifinoise) | Twitter
    Which I was wanting to get for my website because I hate having @hifinoiseblog haha.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Screenshot_2016-09-22-21-04-18.png
    Anybody having this happen? Or should it happen? A lot of tweets are cutting off and showing a Twitter link that only items in the browser, which is a huge pain for me

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Bump because this is annoying

7. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I haven't ever seen that, no. But I am on iOS version for mobile so idk, maybe it's an app difference.

But I have my own complaint about the Twitter app.

[​IMG]

This new "What's happening?" bar is completely pointless and is an awful UI design decision. The top bar of search, Tweet, etc. stays pinned to the top no matter how far down you scroll for easy access to Tweet. There is zero reason for them to put another bar on the top of my timeline that offers another way to compose a tweet. I don't need 2 bars cluttering my timeline top, especially when they do the same thing.

Really puzzling design by Twitter on this one, I don't understand the decision for it at all.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Vine is officially dead.

11. vender

THIS IS SPARTA!

I haven't seen a Vine in almost a year... :O

Does anyone ever read guides for gaining more Twitter followers? I'm an on again/off again Tweeter I guess, but I find the tips pretty interesting. "The best time to tweet is either side of working hours"... I always forget that one :/

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Would anyone mind helping me block a misogynistic troll on Twitter? He keeps bothering my girlfriend's little sister along with several other people. I honestly don't know how people get kicks out of doing this all day.
    Devio (@devio_ulf_KKK) on Twitter

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. Better have a post history option. Going to really make me think twice about Tweet embeds if they can be changed after the fact.

skogsraet likes this.
  16. A billion dollar gift for Twitter
    Your relationship with Wall Street investors (and, to some degree, with advertisers) is fundamentally broken because you’ve gotten trapped into using the wrong metrics to measure the success or progress of Twitter. New signups are flat, and they’re going to stay flat, and every desperate flailing attempt to change that just reminds engaged users that they’re not seeing any progress and they don’t believe you can ship features they care about. Meanwhile, do you know how many new video creators joined YouTube this quarter? Me neither! You know why? Because all the good videos are on YouTube! What percentage of people who visit YouTube each month are logged in? What percentage ever uploaded a video? Answer: Nobody gives a shit. Because YouTube inarguably drives culture, and people (and advertisers!) want to be part of that.

Similarly, when Trump destroys the planet with more rambling, incoherent abusive gibberish, nobody is going to ask, “Did he say it on Tumblr?” Because Twitter is the place that popular culture gets created and discussed! I’m not happy about the fact that Twitter helped Trump get elected, but it makes it damned obvious that investors watching your signup numbers have thoroughly missed the point. Change the metrics, change the story, take the reins and lead them into a better understanding of the world than whatever meager measurements they got obsessed with in 2009.

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm so mad that I paid for tweetbox and it won't work right.

18. What's a tweetbox?

19. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

20. What's the issue with it?

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't get any of my mentions and the trending list no matter what I change it to is super weird and trends stuff in different languages and some things that look like gibberish.

22. iOS or Mac?

That's really weird. Did you try resetting the account cache? If that doesn't work, definitely reach out to them, cause that isn't right. I've never seen that issue at all.

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Is it a today thing. May be linked to the Amazon S3 outage.

24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I had one of the IT guys at work look at it and he did a bunch of stuff and said he'd never seen it before either so we sent them an email and haven't heard anything back. Probably should send another one bc it's been a good amount of time.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

It's been like this for months. I dled it in October of last year I think?