Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Rolls Out Abuse Filters

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Twitter has finally rolled out some content filters to help curb abusive behavior on the service.

When turned on, the filter can improve the quality of Tweets you see by using a variety of signals, such as account origin and behavior. Turning it on filters lower-quality content, like duplicate Tweets or content that appears to be automated, from your notifications and other parts of your Twitter experience. It does not filter content from people you follow or accounts you’ve recently interacted with – and depending on your preferences, you can turn it on or off in your notifications settings.

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

:thumbdown:

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Twitter and Instagram seem to be such cesspools of negativity as far as commenting is concerned.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Not perfect solutions, but imo a good start that should've been implemented a LONG time ago.

5. blacktaxi2d

good. twitter is so negative i have basically stopped going on there

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I didn't know how bad Instagram got until I saw Kevin Smith screenshot what that asshole said to his daughter.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It seems worse if you have any level of celebrity, or if you're a woman, those two options get it the worst and it's one of the reasons I've debated leaving "social" media altogether

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Leaving social media three years ago was the best decision I ever made. It was just not worth the stress it put on me. I understand this is not the case for everyone and know it can be a wonderful way to connect with people but I couldn't be bothered to use any of it again.

Jason Tate likes this.