Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Officially Recognizes Tweetstorms

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Casey Newton, writing at The Verge:

Twitter’s tool for creating tweestorms is now an official part of the app. Threads, as the company is calling them, let you string together tweets by tapping a new plus button in the tweet composer. “A few weeks ago, we expanded our character count to make it easier for people to fit what they’re thinking into a Tweet,” the company said in a blog post. “But we know people also may want to serialize a longer story or thought, or provide ongoing commentary on an event or topic. That’s where this update to threads comes in!”

Yeah, so, about those Nazis tweeting though?

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Just another stepping stone to the 5000 character tweet.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Didn't Twitter get rid of a lot of alt-right accounts?

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Nope. They just took away blue badges for some.

5. lightning Dec 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 12, 2017)
    lightning

some youtubers who were alt-lite were banned, and some alt-rights were unverified. however no, there's still a huge fascist problem on twitter. and no matter what you report, it seems like twitter doesn't care.

littlejohn likes this.
  6. kait_whiteside

Not a fan. But that's probably because I'm not a fan of Twitter threads in general.

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

tweetstorms are at least personally not a good way for me to read thoughts. everything is too fragmented and tweeted as a viral microcapsule with its own little hook. if you get above, like, ten, just give me a medium post imho. esp for folks who use it to grift or as narcissistic exercises, foh

storm and kait_whiteside like this.