Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter Invests in SoundCloud

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Twitter Ventures has invested around $70 million into SoundCloud. From Recode:

Twitter has invested around $70 million in the music service, as part of a round that should end up in the $100 million-range, according to sources familiar with the deal. The round is expected to value SoundCloud at about $700 million — the same value that investors placed on the company in 2014, when it raised $60 million; since then it has also raised a debt round.

2. AndrewHemans

losbeekeepers.rocks Supporter

Theres something about Soundcloud that I love, I'm glad to see twitter investing in the future of the platform.

3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Twitter is like someone who should really just be focusing on themselves right now but instead they're serial dating. I also feel like they're digging their own grave by being completely blind to what users actually want. This investment makes no sense to me but I have little to no business experience so who knows.

4. blacktaxi2d

the main investor in twitter is now a misogynistic and homophobic Saudi prince FYI