Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter CEO Promises to Crack Down on Hate, Violence and Harassment • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i mean, i'm being facetious haha. hillary clinton is not a nazi, just a blathering, tepid centrist

FreshnessExpired likes this.
  2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

hopefully people don't take me seriously but i'll spell it out: no i dont think liberals are nazis, just useless, and no i dont think they deserve to be shot in certain body parts

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have always used “leftist” as a synonym of “liberal”. Now I know they are different. Thanks for the correction. Your reply sums up everything I’ve been meaning/failing to accurately display.

4. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

wow

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

If Bens post is what you’ve been trying to convey then you might want to reread some of your words because that’s not at all what I’m seeing

Robk and dylan like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Most of my comments in this thread have been about how I feel far-leftists can be dicks to leftists (which i’ll call Liberal from now on) and I didn’t like it because I didn’t understand why they would be dicks when I originally thought they were 98% the same. It seemed unwarranted and over the line. I mean, some can still be dicks to liberals, but I understand that the gap between them is much larger than I previously thought.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You've gotta realize that "peacefully protesting" in support of white nationalism isn't a peaceful act, though. Actual historical Nazis started "peaceful" and were able to radicalize a lot of people, which enabled their actions towards genocide. There were "peaceful" rallies in the US defending Nazis before WWII. Ideology and speech that incites violence cannot be "peaceful," even if the individual spewing it isn't presently swinging a fist.

Also, since you're pro war in at least some situations, I think it's worth noting that, for the people participating in activist movements like Antifa, this is warfare in a very real and immediate way for them. It's not just some random movement against people they disagree with. People are literally fighting in some cases for their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

8. AshlandATeam Oct 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2017)
    AshlandATeam

Trusted

Remember when the Holocaust happened?

If not, please do a Google. If so, please kindly never compare the group who committed such atrocities to any other group.

I feel like I'm living in the fucking Twilight Zone. On a nearly daily basis, I read and hear people from the United States of fucking America claim that some group is 'just as bad as Nazis.' If you would have asked me at any point in the first 32 years of my life if this was possible, I would have laughed, because - I cannot stress this enough - the motherfucking Holocaust happened. Jesus fucking Christ, how are these real conversations people are really having?

Nazis are not the same as anyone in modern history. They are Nazis, because the Holocaust happened. And only in 2017 has this become a talking point. I never, EVER thought we would get here. And yet here we are. One or two or three comments into every fucking conversation.

Fuck.

9. Jason Tate Oct 17, 2017
    They’re literally holding Nazi flags and doing Nazi salutes and believe Nazi doctrine...and they’re killing and hurting people right now...uh, please do a google. Time to wake up and see what’s going on out there.

10. AshlandATeam Oct 17, 2017
    AshlandATeam

Trusted

That's... what I'm saying. I know what's happening now and it's terrible. The Nazis are awful, and are back, and should be loudly and clearly denounced by everyone because they're worse than anyone else (due to their indisputable history of atrocities against minorities).

And at no point before 2017 (I thought) was it in any way controversial to say 'fuck the Nazis.' Because US citizens (I thought) agreed that the Nazis were fucking terrible. Now I guess it's a political talking point that's about right and left. Because we have a white supremacist in the White House who's the fucking pied piper to all sorts of backwards minded un-American fucks.

The Nazis are the literal worst. Fuck everything they ever have and ever will stand for.

I'm on your side. But more than that, I'm fucking pissed there's more than one side here. There should be one side and one side only: fuck the Nazis, and do everything in our power to stop them from spreading their ideology.

littlejohn likes this.