Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twitter CEO Promises to Crack Down on Hate, Violence and Harassment • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

The people that don't have the time/privilege to get involved are the people i'm talking about, I'm more talking about the people that are in the middle that call themselves 'liberals' who are more worried about the "alt-left" fighting against the far right than they are worried about the far right themselves, even though they are the controlling party in DC right now.

lol "dislike Nazis" that's a good one. there is not a set definition of "far-left", pretty sure there's a set definition of "vegan" though.

2. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

here you're saying that you're not equivocating, then you start to equivocate.

here you're saying that "Hate = Hate" while actually using an EQUALS sign

3. Saephon

Regular

Tfw people equate fringe college campus crazies to political groups that literally have power and influence in our government today.

Just like when I see Republicans ask liberals why they weren't protesting Harvey Weinstein as hard as Donald Trump. Uh first of all, we *have* condemned him. Second, one of these is PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES? SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IN SEVERITY PERHAPS? :-|

littlejohn likes this.
  4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Just because you lol @ something doesn’t make it not true

5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

It mean it's mockable because the claim is laughable..

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You’re right. I can see how that person’s post was laughable if you’re ignorant. My bad. Carry on.

7. St. Nate Oct 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2017)
    St. Nate

But I am not.

Edit: As always your posts on these matters are useless.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Are you 100% against every type of violence in any and all situations? A total pacifist, even in self-defense and the like? Or are there any situations where you think a violent action could be necessary to achieve peace, justice, etc.? And, if there are, can you explain what it is about Antifa that makes their violence wrong to you?

littlejohn and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  9. Hunter Norman

Regular

This is ridiculous. I can equate two things in one statement while not equating two DIFFERENT things in another statement but someone will still try and relate the two statements. Now we have arguments in support of the use of violence. Violence will never achieve peace, that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. I'll tell you what it is about their violence that is wrong: This his nothing to do with 'fringe college campus crazies'. This has everything to do with someone feeling aligned with a mass group of people, and feeling the need to act in a way that hurts innocent bystanders, as was the case at evergreen.

10. St. Nate

I don't want peace.

skogsraet and Dominick like this.
  11. Hunter Norman

Regular

Are you being completely serious? Hate does equal hate. Now, if you kindly look above that, I had a completely different statement speaking to another set of actions that I was not equivocating. Hate = Hate, however, the actions of Nazis and neo-nazis exist on a higher level than those of Antifa or fringe groups. However, The need to incite violence, regardless, does nothing for our arguments. See how you can make three different statements and only equivocate within one of said statements?

12. Hunter Norman

Regular

Well then it seems we're on two different talking points. What is it you want, and maybe we can agree on the process in which to get there.

13. St. Nate

14. Hunter Norman

Regular

Yeah, bowing out for good this time.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

But your posts are very easy to mock and are usually at the very least pointless.

16. littlejohn Oct 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2017)
    littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

What would you say could achieve peace? I don't want peace with people calling for genocide.
    When has there been peace before? there's always been violence.

I don't believe we should negotiate with white supremacists anymore, this country has been doing this shit for hundreds of years and it's time for actual equality.

"I hate black people" NOT EQUAL TO "I hate people that hate black people"

those are not equivalent hate examples.
    Neo-nazis != antifa

this is not complicated. one exists because of the other, if there were no fascists there would be no need to antifa. if you want peace get rid of the instigator.

good.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. Well that was a painful read from people that have zero idea about power dynamics and oppression. Yeesh.

18. Your posts are bad and you should feel bad.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The oakworst.

oakhurst, Zilla, CoffeeEyes17 and 3 others like this.
  20. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

low key my fav thing in here was "being far left is when you're elitist and mean"

21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

My coworker and I got a kick out of that one

22. Wharf Rat

posting on company time? well done

littlejohn likes this.
  23. Where's the lie Mr. Rat?

littlejohn and Wharf Rat like this.
  24. Wharf Rat

25. Wharf Rat

its almost like...demeanor and politics are separate things....