Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 99

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I love Dougie through and through. He’s hilarious

2. [​IMG]

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Part 8 now. How the fuck did they convince Showtime to allow this?

David Parke likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s interesting that each part ends with rolling credits all the way to the production logos. Clearly intentional to solidify that these are films, not episodes.

6. owenlongsworth

Regular

I’m actually finishing up Lynch’s book right now and I’m up to The Return. Him & Mark Frost started writing it back in 2012/2013. Early negotiations with Showtime were pretty bad from what I read. Lynch said he told them very early on, although it’s separated into pieces, this was a film. But Showtime kept looking at it as a television show. They wouldn’t give him the proper budget that he would need to do it his way. After negations kept going kno where, Lynch then exited the show, and everyone knew it couldn’t be made without him and that this wasn’t about money. One of his assistants goes on to talk about how it’s never been about money for David, and that’s he actually never really made THAT much money, despite what people assume. He says he’s always paid his assistants and crew very well on his projects. Finally they met in the middle, they just asked “what’s the absolute most you can give us.” and that they’ll make do with a little more, and Showtime upped their budget.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Imagine having the chance to air a limited television series written and directed entirely by an artist like Lynch and then playing hardball with the goddamn budget.

8. owenlongsworth

Regular

One of his assistants mentioned something like this early on in the book about how pretty much everything he’s made, there has had to been compromises. Then said something like “I never understood why these people hire David Lynch to make a movie, then argue it when they get a David Lynch movie. What did they think they were going to get?”

angrycandy likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. Anthony_

David Parke and jordalsh like this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The look Gordon gives Tammy when Albert is flirting with the autopsy woman at the morgue... holy shit I lost it, hahahahaha

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Need to rewatch this soon. Shadow by the Chromatics came on shuffle and I had a sad-gasm.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s something about Dana Ashbrook and his portrayal of older cop Bobby Briggs. He carries a canyon of emotion without even saying anything. Love that guy.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, just watched the scene with the accidental gunfire, the honking and screaming woman, and the girl seizing and puking all over herself and the car.

Beautiful stuff. And his confused face is hilarious.

Petit nain des Îles and OotyPa like this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, I give. Dougie with the Mitchum brothers at the restaurant is great. Especially since the piano player starts playing “Heartbreaking” and that’s a perfect song and how heartfelt the woman is for “Mr Jackpots” saving her life.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Richard Beymer is excellent as Ben Horne, too.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t realize Chromatics did Saturday. I love that song.

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The arm wrestling scene is such machismo bullshit but I love it, haha

Petit nain des Îles and OotyPa like this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just you and I...

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m watching live videos from the metal band Zao and their lead dude is a huge TP fan and they’re opening their shows with the “this is the water” speech

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Every scene/aspect/theme surrounding Jack Rabbit’s Palace makes me want to cry.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

God damn the ending of Part 18 is bleak and chilling.

Absolutely love it. I think The Return is probably my favorite Twin Peaks iteration.

Petit nain des Îles and kupe like this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

24. Anthony_

Hard agree, honestly it’s probably the greatest thing I’ve ever seen on tv

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’d probably still choose Mad Men but you can’t go wrong with either.