Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 98

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

He is barely hiding his contempt for the whole process. One of the most important directors to ever live and not a single film of his has won a competitive Academy Award.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He was actually clowning on Christian Bale when he said that:

it's at thirty seconds in

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Anthony_

Also I'm about halfway through that analysis video and this is some really good stuff right here.

4. OotyPa Oct 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2019)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Still think there was tons left he hadn’t explored, like most of the secondary characters’ roles in the film and season 3. Been curious about the role of laura’s painting, annie, harry dean stanton’s character, hawk, all the different numbers, etc... not a bad thing. I love that theres just so much to contemplate about this brilliant show.

5. Anthony_

Finished the video. It’s a compelling argument and it really makes a ton of sense. Absolutely does cast the entirety of the mythos in a different light. Would be wild if it was true.

Also makes me kind of not want any more Twin Peaks lol

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It makes me want more David Lynch in any capacity. Someone give him money to make stuff.

Dog with a Blog, Anthony_ and OotyPa like this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

If we got more Twin Peaks, I don't think it would resemble what we've gotten before, and it'd majorly complicate what the video's arguing lol.

8. Anthony_

yes this, more Lynch plz

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I just want him to make one more film

Dog with a Blog, SpyKi and Anthony_ like this.
  10. Anthony_

As fitting as it would be for The Return to be the last thing Lynch makes, and as fantastic of an achievement as The Return is, I also really want him to make another film. Or another anything.

Not that he isn’t already one of the all-time greats based on his current body of work, either. He’s a living legend for a reason.

11. SpyKi

Yeah but we need more! I feel similarly about Alejandro Jodorowsky, they just make such special and unique movies that I want as much from them as possible.

If I was rich I'd just invest whatever I had in David Lynch movies.

angrycandy and Anthony_ like this.
  12. angrycandy

100% on both

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Never seen an Alejandro Jodorowsky film. What's a good starting point (would be helpful if it was on some streaming service)?

14. SpyKi

Idk if he has anything on streaming but there's not many films I'd recommend more than The Holy Mountain. It's definitely not for everyone but it's a unique experience.

15. angrycandy

The Holy Mountain for sure. then either Santa Sangre or El Topo

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to the score tonight. ‘Heartbreaking’ is just, well... I’ll let you figure that one out.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Doing a rewatch of The Return and the last few minutes of Part 2 at the bar with the Chromatics playing makes me get a lump in my throat, lol

18. kupe

Regular

I rewatched all of the return recently and my friend was like "why is your heart beating so fast?" while Richard and Carrie walk up the steps in Part 18. You would have thought someone was pointing a gun at me my heart was racing so fast.

19. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

I think most people who like The Return/ the music of Twin Peaks would like A.A. Bondy's new album, Enderness.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The first ten minutes of Part 3 are terrifying.

kupe likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I swear this show is a comedy.

kupe likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gordon Cole interviewing Mr. C is so damn creepy

23. Dog with a Blog

It’s definitely hilarious and it knows it. Dougie having sex had me in stitches

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Dougie and his whole storyline is much easier to swallow on a rewatch. I’m still not a fan of it really but at least I know where it’s going and doesn’t seem as annoying as it was on my first watch.

kupe and David Parke like this.
  25. NitrateDawn

Regular

Dougie was annoying until about halfway through and then I realized he was the best. I was actually sad to see him go

David Parke likes this.