Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 97

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Saving this though I don't know when I'll be able to watch it.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I'm two hours in and this is fucking brilliant. I definitely theorized a lot of this before, but never this coherently.

SpyKi and Dog with a Blog like this.
  3. NitrateDawn

Regular

About an hour in haha. I find the idea of it all being a meta commentary about watching TV and film a little disappointing, but now that he's brought it up there's so much evidence to support it haha. And the great thing about Twin Peaks is that if I don't want to have that interpretation, I don't have to

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t watched the video yet but I’m a firm believer that all art being interpreted however the person experiencing it is valid, even if it’s different than the intention of the creator.

5. Dog with a Blog

I just finished it.

I’ve seen plenty of Twin Peaks analysis videos but never one so thorough. As Dino just pointed out, all art can be interpreted however the viewer wants so it would be silly to say that this is the definition interpretation of Twin Peaks. But god damn is it compelling and I really do think he’s shined a light on Lynch’s intent. The last twenty minutes in particular are so great.

some of it is stuff we’ve touched on before or seen in other theories but never with such clarity and evidence to back it up imo

6. kupe

Regular

Looks like I'll have to set aside some time for this. I've had like a million different thoughts about Twin Peaks go through my head but I'm too scatterbrained to ever coherently put them together. Interested to see if his thoughts are similar to mine.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I took a break at 2 and a half hours lol. Ill get back to it later. Some of his theories click more than others, but I think I’d be disappointed if he hit every note 100% tbh.

8. slept a little through some of this and now I feel crazy lol

i don't like his lynch impersonation voice

but this is very comprehensive so far

Dog with a Blog and OotyPa like this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lol yeah definitely made it hard to do work today- you have to put a lot of focus on what he’s saying or you get pretty lost.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, starting this video. I’m excited!

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t agree with every point he’s making but this is fascinating so far. Thanks for posting the link!

12. Dog with a Blog

In regards to the last twenty minutes

when Naido is telling Coop he can’t go to door (episode) 15 cause we would be getting closure too fast and that he had to go to door (episode) 3 I was like damn ok I am completely on board now

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Watched all of it. Some real good stuff in there. He didn’t touch on a lot of The Return and some of his points were stretches but im cool with it. It left me wanting to rewatch it, such a damn good show. I think its amazing in that it can’t be explained away, even with a 4-hour long analysis.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yo, this is getting wild, haha

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

First, when it ended it made me laugh because there’s links to his videos on Prometheus and Alien: Covenant that I posted a while back in that thread defending those movies, hahaha. Still love Prometheus, it’s a masterpiece.

Second, I thought it was extremely interesting and well thought out and explained. I can agree with probably 70% of it in that it’s a pretty damn compelling interpretation that seemingly has as hard “evidence” as there could be in a show like this. But of course, it means something different to everyone.

Thanks again for posting the link, I needed that after the long days I’ve had lately!

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm like two hours in and it's blown my mind already. I feel like it's pretty convincing. I absolutely love the central idea.

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm down with pretty much everything he said and honestly it's made me appreciate the show even more. It's crazy.

18. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I watched this and it touched on and expanded lot of loose ideas I've had over the years. Really good stuff.

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I think he’s a bit off in his thesis is, that TP is about how “tv rots your brain.” The meta elements still apply but I feel its more likely Lynch wanted to explore love vs. fear (not film vs tv), and the third season a product of existing in a culture addicted to fear.

20. Dog with a Blog Oct 28, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

Lol his speech

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lol that's a misquote. He said "you have a very interesting taste."

SteveLikesMusic and David Parke like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

It’s 100% face. He might be talking to the Oscar itself I dunno, but it’s face

Rowan5215 and OotyPa like this.
  23. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yo, I’ve been reading the comic series Gideon Falls. It has a ton of TP similarities and y’all would love it. Vol 3 just came out.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lol weird

25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

David Lynch was weird? absolutely unheard of