Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 81

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

"Saturday - Instrumental" and "Heartbreaking" make me whole again.

kupe likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, this was a good prediction/summary.

OotyPa likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, everyone watch this:

David Parke and Dog with a Blog like this.
  4. literally was just spinning the soundtrack

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

The Log Lady’s final scene is so god damn heartbreaking. Doesn’t feel like acting at all, seems like a genuine goodbye. Filming that must have been hard.

9. Dog with a Blog

kupe, Dinosaurs Dish and OotyPa like this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

so I've scrolled down to avoid any spoilers. just came in here to say, first time watching The Return I struggled, maybe made it 5 episodes in, I was also traveling at the time, hard to focus on the plane. about a week ago restarted it, have had such a better appreciation for it while picking up on a lot I missed during the first try. loving it and now 10 episodes in.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah. I think I'm going to do a rewatch soon as well. Maybe I'll actually like the Dougie stuff this time.

12. yeah I'm halfway through my first full rewatch as well. i really appreciated ep9 a lot more this time around. some of the more patient episodes are more enjoyable now that I can relax a little

Larry David likes this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away

I want to do a rewatch but I also want to start the Secret History. For those who've read it, is it best to read that first or vice-versa?

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it weird that I'm not at all interested in any of the books? I don't really care all that much for most of the plot in general.

15. I would read it first but tbh i think it'd be fine if you worked through both at the same time.

the book (i have the second one but I haven't cracked it open yet) is fun and interesting and I'm glad I read it but I agree that it's not essential

16. kupe

Regular

I'd do Secret History before, Final Dossier after.

The books are cool. They give just a little bit extra information that lets you make some connections to the show (the sex magic rituals come to mind), but they don't hold your hand or overexplain

17. Dog with a Blog

Finally doing a full rewatch of season 3. It wasn’t always easy to tell when watching week to week, but the pacing on this show so is damn good and deliberate. It really does feel like watching an 18 hour long movie. Because of how vast the world of entertainment and television is now compared to when the original run came out, it’s hard to say how much of an impact The Return has had on the medium, but this truly does feel groundbreaking.

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope this wins all the awards possible. They deserve the recognition.

Larry David likes this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away

Larry David likes this.
  20. OotyPa

fall away

Second season of Les Revenants takes it up a notch. The early Lynch influence pours over, though nothing reaches quite as good. It might have to do with it taking itself very seriously and I appreciate Lynch's ability to poke fun at the art form and engage with the viewer on a humorous level. Regardless, I've been plugging this show around the forums here for a little bit and obviously think y'all should check it out.

jordalsh likes this.
  21. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Just started the second season of the original series. The scene where Leland comes back and they dance around Ben’s office is incredible

22. OotyPa

fall away

The beginning of the second season is such excellent television. Enjoy.

Connor likes this.
  23. Connor

Everett McGill keeps surprising me by being a good guy. The People Under The Stairs gave me endless nightmares when i was a kid. It’s weird seeing him as such a nice guy in this.

24. Connor

Woah... the scene where Bobby’s Dad tells him about the vision he had in the diner is so freaking good. Literal chills right now

25. OotyPa

fall away

incredible scene. Chokes me up every time