Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I tried picking up where I left off in season 2 but couldn't find where I was and kept seeing Jame's face so I just skipped to the last episode and it was really good lol

angrycandy likes this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

I would imagine that most people are not going to like it. Lynch became more esoteric and focused less on narrative as his career has gone on. The fact that he has not made anything but art project in a decade is going to contribute to that.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lynch's whole career was focused on art over narrative. Twin Peaks was the one exception because Frost reigned him in a bit and was a major part of the writing process. I have no doubts about the upcoming season at all

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Lynch's second-half of his career, starting with Fire Walk With Me, has been radically different. The Straight Story is the weird exception, but films like Blue Velvet and The Elephant Man were much more conventional. Dune and Wild at Heart are of a similar vein; Eraserhead is probably the most similar to the style of Twin Peaks.

5. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Just finished Season 2, episode 8.

Episode 7 of this season, titled: Lonely Souls. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit this episode. For those of you who have seen it, what the actual fuck? It was incredible.

jordalsh and OotyPa like this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

One of the best episodes of television ever made

FrenzalRob likes this.
  7. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I'm listening to the Fire Talk With Me podcast of that episode, and they're on point with everything. The music, the moods, and how it also featured every B story. I'm still reeling from how good this episode was.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Fantastic podcast

FrenzalRob likes this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

OotyPa, angrycandy and FrenzalRob like this.
  10. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Two things I got out of that video.

1. Awesome.
    2. I want a donut.

Not far from finishing my first run of the show. Can't wait to get to the final 3 episodes, apparently they're insane.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

yes, yes they are

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

How are you feeling about season two?

molassescookies likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Look what I got for Christmas

[​IMG]

14. Got the box set and the soundtrack LP for christmas

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

My dad wrapped up the book, DVD box set and tote bag that I won in that preorder contest and gave it to me for Christmas. Thanks dad!

coleslawed and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  16. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I've been neglecting this lately, which sucks! Christmas/holidays and not having time off work has been hell. :(

Me and my buddy (watching for the first time together) are having a massive 3 episode sesh on Friday. I'll report back once done. We're up to S02E09, so we'll do 9, 10 and 11.

17. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Both my wife and my mother got me The Secret History for Christmas, which means one of my good Twin Peaks buddies got an unexpected gift (ha).

My mother also got me the soundtrack on vinyl, though, which I am absolutely psyched on. I've been listening to it on Spotify all morning just because...vibes, I guess. Can't wait for the new season and more new music from Badalamenti.

18. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Update -

Just finished episodes 9, 10 and 11 from season 2. Loved 9. 10 and 11 were quirky and interesting, still enjoyable to watch. The scene in 9 with the jail cell and the sprinkler taps was another fine moment in this show. Duchovny's character has just entered too, hoping that there's more importance to his character than what they've shown so far.

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It's gonna be quirky like that for a long stretch of episodes. Don't hold out hope for anything too significant-- it wont come till the final few hours. Still worth indulging though, in my opinion.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  20. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Can't wait to get to the final 3. :D

TedSchmosby likes this.
  21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I got my dad to watch the pilot tonight, and he's going to watch the next few episodes tomorrow. I'm excited to see what he thinks. He's a big action movie guy - not really into stuff that's off-kilter. One of his favourite shows is Columbo though, so maybe that'll mean something

FrenzalRob likes this.
  22. Rewatched Fire Walk With Me tonight and really loved it this time. Missing pieces are really worth watching

angrycandy and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  23. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

S02E12 and E13 tomorrow. It's tough because me and my buddy only have time to catch up once a week and watch it. We're both watching for the first time so I can't skip ahead without him, haha. That'd be a dick move.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

ghostedaway and OotyPa like this.
  25. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I CAN'T WAIT