Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I preordered it at my bookstore. Hoping it arrives before the end of the week, as I'm going to my hometown for fall break and it would be nice to have to read then

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Apparently when I preordered the book, I was entered in a contest where the winner gets a tote bag, the Twin Peaks box set, a copy of Fire Walk With Me and an additional copy of the book all autographed by Mark Frost, and I just got word that I won. Stoked to check out the special features on the DVDs

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

That's so awesome!!

4. oh my god that's so cool!! I really want that missing pieces box set

my copy of the book is supposed to arrive tomorrow, anyone read it yet?

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Congrats! The special features are fantastic, especially on FWWM. Enjoy!!

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

That's awesome. That sort of happened to me when I pre-ordered an Alkaline Trio vinyl and weeks after I got it I got an email saying I won a test pressing.

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Just curious if you've read it and your thoughts?

9. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Watching this for the first time, and so in love with it.

Nearly halfway through season 2, and it's become one of my all-time favourite shows.

How are the books? I wouldn't mind some new reading.

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I started it and realized quickly how comprehensive and rich it is, so I set it aside for the Christmas break when I'll have the time to give it the attention it deserves. I thought it would just be a linear novel bridging the gap between seasons 2 and 3, but it's so far from a linear novel my man. I shouldn't have expected anything less from Frost though. So cool.

Interested to hear what you think going forward sir

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  11. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Absolutely!

The people that have finished it keep telling me I'm so lucky to be watching it for the first time, and they wish they could have that feeling again. I know there's clues throughout each episode, but I still have no idea who killed Laura.

Connor and OotyPa like this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Oh god. Just you wait.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Does it give a back story to the town and past suspicious phenomenon? That's what I'm hoping. Chances are I'll be asking for it as a Christmas gift.

14. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Update:

Just finished S02E06. This show's incredible, and I love how as you watch it, everything just seems a little "off" with everything.

I've heard that the quality of the show starts to decline from this point for about 5 or 6 episodes, then ends on a high. This true? I haven't come across a decline at all yet, I'm loving every second. Still have no idea who's guilty, have a few theories though.

15. I am of the opinion that it is amazing through season 2 episode 10. the next like 9 episodes are varying degrees of ok to awful, but you have to suffer through them. the last three episodes are great and the last one is one of my favorites.

the movie you have like a 50% chance of hating haha. I like it

FrenzalRob likes this.
  16. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Yeah, apparently the closing scene from the final episode is one of the greatest, most disturbing moments in television history.

17. a great deal of the last episode falls into that category imo

OotyPa likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

You have quite a few episodes before it falls off, dont worry. Even when it changes, i think its still p good. It just becomes more of a soapy comedy at certain parts-- honestly very endearing, in my opinion. Let me know what you think of the rest of the show and the film (which is incredible)

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

I need to revisit the series again before the reboot. Though I don't have Showtime so who knows when I'll get to see it. It would be interesting to see how it picks up 25 years after the final scene of season 2.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I cant wait. Theres so many new episodes too!! And its all from lynch and frost so its bound to be excellent

21. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Even though I'm not finished, I'd love the idea of like, returning to Twin Peaks in real-time, as in 2017, and it's an abandoned town, ghostly and haunting and real fucked up. I kind of think it would be cool if modern technology played a part too, like an iPhone could be full of clues if it's another murder case. I think that would be a cool way to start season 3, however my view will probably change once I've finished season 2 and the movie.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I honestly think the new series has the potential to be the best thing Lynch has ever done. I have confidence that it'll blow people away

VincewithoutheE and angrycandy like this.
  23. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Dude if it's anything like what he did with season 1 of this show, it's gonna rock some socks off. I think a lot of people will go in expecting a Stranger Things-esque style series, which while awesome, will not work for Peaks. Peaks is meant to be dark, twisted, campy, funny and sinister all at the same time. I also think if Lynch keeps the same style (which I hope he does), people will think it's daggy and switch off.

24. Yeah especially since it's on Showtime it gives him much more free reign. I may be mistaken but weren't some of his movies rated NC-17 or X at the time? I can't recall. But we saw what he did with those, can't imagine what he's gonna throw in this time. I just hope he hasn't lost his touch (which I don't think he has).

You can tell the cast and crew are putting their hearts and souls into it, just from what I've seen and read online. Pretty damn pumped for this to say the least.