Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Gday.Jacko

PS. Can anyone explain to me the red room/the black and white lodge? I really don't understand how the supernatural realm comes from. Is it the town of Twin Peaks and the supernatural presence of it that causes the characters to have these visions? I really have no idea :,)

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Trailer for Mark Frost's Secret History of Twin Peaks book

OotyPa likes this.
  3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Will definitely purchase and read on the first day it's out.

4. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

has anyone read The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer?

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

YES. it's sooooo good and complements the series very well. i finished it in two days

it's also very explicit about the sexual abuse laura faced while living at home so it's veryyyyy dark and sad

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

For anyone who cares, mondo put up the new pressing of the twin peaks soundtrack on sale today, with new artwork approved by David and Angelo.

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It looks fantastic. Wish I could justify buying it.

8. DoseofTerror

Regular

I tried to get into this, but just couldn't. Maybe it was good at the time of release because yes, it is unique, but now I get the feeling of having seeing this type of thing before.

9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

how much of it did you watch?

10. DoseofTerror

Regular

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

the first time i tried watching it was two years ago and i couldn't get into it so i quit. but a few months later i revisited it and finished it and it was so worth it. it certainly is a show that does not resonate the same way with everyone, but i always encourage everyone to give it a shot.

12. DoseofTerror

Regular

Me and my wife are looking for something to watch, and we might go back to this. But the hype surrounding and the overall praise within the last handful of years turns me off a little bit.

I could understand how still stood out when it first aired, but there isn't anything unique in today's world. The performances are good, in a really weird and deliberate way, and the town is interesting.

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It's so unique omg I've never seen a single show that is alike it. The show improves as it goes on, imo-- at least before the reveal of the killer

14. DoseofTerror

Regular

Yea see I've never spoiled this, so please dont!

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yeah i can completely understand that, and i honestly wish i was able to have seen it as it aired in the early 90's. i think it kind of missed the mark then though, as it seems to gave gained traction years later and developed the cult following it still has today.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Season 3 being on the horizon is the reason I get up in the morning

screamoutmyname likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got around to starting this. Watched the first two episodes yesterday, and I'm not really sure what to think.

18. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Uh no, it was a huge hit when it first came out.

19. yeah and I think everyone now agrees that it lost ground in season two with good reason, since the middle portion is so bad (although I do think it ends really really well)

20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Watch the third episode and report back

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The first season is eight episodes, right? If you can get that far and still not feeling it, then don't feel compelled to finish the series

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I loved the first season but it lost me a bit after that. I need to go back and rewatch. I bought the boxset and love it dearly.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Okay, cool.

I've already decided to commit to at least season one. I enjoyed some scenes from the first two episodes quite a bit, but overall, the show just kinda felt a little dated/off. We'll see...

25. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

the final episode of the show has to be the craziest thing ever aired on television. it's incredible.

OotyPa likes this.