Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Halitosis Jones Feb 15, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2023)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

lol oops too late.just got to the David Bowie part

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

You are going to be so confused and you’re going to ruin the murder reveal!

waking season and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

oh shit, that’s right

waking season likes this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

You should almost always watch things in their release order. Prequels are not "Part 1"; they are usually made to fill in things for an audience that has already seen the original work. not a new starting point.

Crisp X and xapplexpiex like this.
  5. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

The order is 1 > 2 > FWWM > 3.

The whole thing is damn near perfect too.

Victor Eremita and xapplexpiex like this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

^ yup and throw in the Missing Pieces after you watch FWWM, this is the way

OotyPa likes this.
  7. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Ok i stopped FWWM quarter way through and started the pilot lol

8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I never realized how much 90's pop culture (especially Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows) this influenced.

OotyPa, xapplexpiex and angrycandy like this.
  9. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Like I didn't realize until now that Pete and Pete was likely a result of a "what if David Lynch made a kid's show?" thought experiment

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Because of this thread bump I rewatched the first episode last night and I realized the actors who played Susan’s parents on Seinfeld are in this

OotyPa likes this.
  11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Maybe I should watch Pete and Pete lol

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  12. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Good luck finding it. Its unfortunately one of those "lost shows" that can't be found anywhere due to rights issues. Northern Exposure and Homicide are in that limbo too.

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Actually Gravity Falls is a kids Twin Peaks.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Here’s a YouTube playlist with (I think) all the episodes.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  15. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I would LOVE to re-watch Northern Exposure.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

listening to this playlist and missing this show extremely hard right now.

I just did a rewatch of The Return a few months ago and I lowkey want to do it again maybe from the total start while also reading Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks - haven't done that yet lol

cashlion likes this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

The feeling when Cooper says "I am the FBI" is one of the best television moments ever.

OotyPa and SpyKi like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Check out this thread.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Watched Inland Empire for the first time last night, the 4k version on Criterion. Completely batshit and delirious in a wonderful way. The scene early on with Grace Zabriskie was transfixing and incredible, had my jaw dropped the whole time she spoke. I feel like I looked like Laura Dern in that moment haha, which is pretty much the point of Dern's character as a reflection of the audience (I think). A lot of hilarious moments too, self-parody at times. It often felt like Lynch doing his best self-impression, I love that. Truly felt like a lucid labyrinthine nightmare that's impossible to escape, until the end which was gorgeously done. Also cool seeing the unusual medium with it being filmed digitally. I'll be thinking about this movie for awhile.

SpyKi and jordalsh like this.
  21. I saw it in a theater over the summer and I haven't been able to shake it

OotyPa likes this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

couple moments had me cracking up, not gonna lie. this one, the eye-gouging monologue- so good haha.

23. estebanwaseaten Jun 19, 2023
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2023)
    estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Just rewatched the first two seasons and the movie over the course of the past couple weeks with my fiancee (she had never seen anything outside of a few episodes in season 1). We just started the return last night and I'm so stoked to be in this world again. Neither of us have seen the Showtime season. I've also got the deluxe blu ray with the missing pieces and Mark Frost's The Final Dossier, but I'm pretty sure it's a sequel to The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

kupe, Crisp X, StatusAilments and 5 others like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Holy shit, enjoy The Return. Rewatched it about a year ago I think and I still think it’s the best show to come out in the last decade or so.

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Did Lynch really have this vision in him from the beginning? Revisiting all of this, we still had so many unanswered questions after seasons 1 and 2 and then FWWM. Some of it was frustrating, but it's been exciting to consider what The Return will offer.

I just know the whole "I will see you again in 25 years line" culminating in The Return seems to indicate this was also the plan. I just wonder if he had this thing fully formed from day one or he just had a framework and filled in the gaps as he went.

Spoiler tagging just in case cause looking through the past couple pages, it seems someone is watching through for the first time from the beginning.

Also not looking to have anything spoiled myself since we have only watched one episode of The Return!