Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 108

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. i fell asleep watching it but the first half hour was kinda interesting. I did not like the Lynch impression every single time he quoted him

2. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

3. NitrateDawn

Regular

Damn, I was just thinking the other day about how much I enjoyed his performance in Twin Peaks. RIP

Importer/Exporter, OotyPa and SpyKi like this.
  4. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Wow, so much of the cast from the return has passed. RIP

5. kupe

Regular

6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I saw that yesterday and it made me so happy!

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

oh my god

8. Importer/Exporter

Part of me is hoping it’s a secret new season of twin peaks/universe tie-in. Part of me wants to see what Lynch would do with complete free reign on a Netflix budget. Pretty sure we’re getting the latter.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’ll take anything and everything from him.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be amazing and unique and interesting.

11. Anthony_

I said back when The Return ended that I'd be fine with him either doing more Twin Peaks or moving on to something new, provided whatever form his next project took it was a series. So I'm just beyond thrilled either way.

12. Importer/Exporter

I haven’t rewatched any of his movies in like a decade. I remember not liking them anywhere near as much as i like twin peaks. I’ll probably rewatch Blue Velvet here soon.

SpyKi likes this.
  13. I’ve only ever seen Mulholland Dr. outside the world of Twin Peaks and I LOVED it. Gotta dig further into the catalogue

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Anthony_

His films are brilliant, I would take another film from him in a heartbeat, it's just that given what he was able to achieve with a proper budget and 18 episodes in The Return, I want him to continue in that medium.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Havent seen a film by him that’s left me unsatisfied. They are all so completely immersive and fully realized in their own ways. So far, I’ve seen Eraserhead, Elephant Man, Lost Highway, Fire Walk With Me, and Blue Velvet. Cant wait to check out the others.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. I've seen and loved Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. I also watched like a third of Inland Empire which did not grab me but I've always meant to give it another shot when I'm in the right space.

oh and Dune, which is ridiculous and great tbh

SpyKi likes this.
  17. NitrateDawn

Regular

SpyKi likes this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

20. Morrissey

Trusted

You are going to get mad at something they say in the last three minutes.

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

They start off part 1 by shitting on the 5hr video guy lol, who really did dig his own grave by calling it “Twin Peaks EXPLAINED.” He definitely says early-ish in the video that he is being slightly tongue-in-cheek and understands that there is no objective “correct” answer to art, especially Lynch’s art.

Where he actually differs and is more persuasive than other interpretations is that his lens really does work for countless things in the show, especially the elements that are *most* confusing

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t watched the RLM video, what’s their issue? They always rubbed me the wrong way.

23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I enjoyed their thoughts on it

24. Anthony_

The RLM videos were good. The 4-hr video was also good.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. Anthony_

hbd david