Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 105

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Any theory video makes me appreciate the show even more. I also watched the countless hours of videos and enjoy them to a certain extent. But idk. It's admittedly a bit exhausting to get through. By its end I feel like I've cheapened(??? idk if this is the right word) the show's mystifying experience--at least for me. I don't know how Lynch would feel about it. I think he'd be at once enthralled and enraged by its level of detail and analysis.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I love this guy

OotyPa and aliens exist like this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

53CE9027-5909-442A-9F78-66C0E0E08DD8.jpeg

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

"I don't like wind on my collarbone." - David Lynch

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Anyone know about this?

SpyKi likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I did not know about that but it's amazing, haha.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So I avoided this thread for the past three years cuz I didn’t have Showtime and couldn’t watch The Return. Well I signed up for a free trial and just binged through these 18 episodes. I heard when it first aired the series was getting quite surreal in line with most of Lynch’s work and not as straightforward as the original series. I finished The a Return this morning and welp... that was an experience.

SpyKi, kupe, jordalsh and 3 others like this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

it's probably the best work of art to come out in the last decade or so.

Rowan5215, kupe and Pseudo! like this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

How does he only have 137,000 subscribers

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Pseudo!

Regular

We live inside a meme

Dinosaurs Dish and OotyPa like this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Woah

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m doing a rewatch and might have some theories I want to spitball here...

Is the Fireman’s House the White Lodge? I read somewhere Lynch said no, but it makes sense to me.

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I think it's the place beyond the lodges, if that makes sense. If I remember correctly, The Fireman creates both Laura (love) and BOB (fear) in episode 8, following the A-bomb. I think this also implies that the birth of ultimate evil is what established the lodges (maybe as a reaction to provide balance to divine/cosmic forces amidst greater global chaos). Also just spitballing.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think he creates Fear/Bob. He sees that Judy creates Fear/Bob, so in response he creates Love/Laura.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. kupe

Regular

I've always assumed the lodge we see (red curtains, chevron floor) could either be the white or the black lodge. Don't know exactly what the fireman's castle is but I don't think it's the white lodge.

Also, the inclusion of the castle and the purple ocean was one of the coolest parts of The Return for me.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I believe the red room is the Black Lodge, the fireman’s place is the White Lodge, and the castle/purple ocean is the place between. I could be remembering wrong, but didn’t Cooper fall down from the red room and land on the castle?

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, anyone reading the last half dozen posts who hasn’t seen the show would think we’re morons, hahaha

kupe likes this.
  24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I don't think we ever saw The White Lodge personally. I like the idea that what we see can lead to either Lodge though, and that Cooper unfortunately went to the Black - seems borne out by The Arm saying "this is the waiting room"

kupe and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, the waiting room. Forgot that.