Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twin Peaks (ABC) TV Show • Page 104

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anthony_, SpyKi and OotyPa like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

SpyKi and waking season like this.
  3. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

My SO got me the From Z to A box set and we watched episode 8 in 4k last night. What a ride.

Rowan5215, Dinosaurs Dish and kupe like this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm watching episode 14 right now

amazing how this is an episode with so much good stuff (the Monica Bellucci dream, Frank, Hawk, Bobby and Andy go to Jack Rabbit's Palace, fucking Chad finally gets arrested) but by far the best moment is some dude we've never seen before yelling WILSON HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

So glad I bought this, too

6. Anthony_

He’s doing it every day

OotyPa and SpyKi like this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I love him

waking season likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. kupe

Regular

I don't need more Twin Peaks, I WANT it. I don't need anything, I WANT.

-This joke must have been made at some point in this thread right?-

10. Anthony_

I don't think I want any more Twin Peaks but I do 1000000000% want another television project from Lynch ASAP please thanks

kupe, SpyKi and OotyPa like this.
  11. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I want another Lynch film but I doubt I'll ever get it

Anthony_ likes this.
  12. Anthony_

Honestly after The Return I'd rather have another miniseries from him than another film

angrycandy likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I will take any Lynch I can get, I just hope he makes more stuff.

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

An entire series revolving around our lovestruck antihero Jack the monkey and Toototaban the damsel chicken plz and thx

Jesse West, kupe and jordalsh like this.
  15. angrycandy

I want it all

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I just want more Lynch! I'll take it whatever form best serves the ideas hes trying to convey.

I think a Lynch directed animation could be really cool. Can you imagine Twin Peaks mixed with something like Paprika?

waking season and OotyPa like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Jesse West and angrycandy like this.
  18. angrycandy

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Today is Dana Ashbrook’s 53rd birthday.

All hail.

angrycandy, OotyPa and Anthony_ like this.
  21. Anthony_

I would love to know what he thought of that video, but at the same time I know enough about Lynch to know that A) he would never watch it, and B) even if he did watch it, he would never confirm whether or not it's correct, or talk about it at all publicly in any way.

22. I've yet to watch that video, mostly because it's so extensive. I want to rewatch the series at some point, and I'm debating if I should watch the video beforehand or after.

23. NitrateDawn

Regular

Eh, I don't even know if I'd recommend watching it. It didn't make me appreciate the show more; if anything it made me think that if that were the definitive interpretation (which it isn't cuz, you know, it's an interpretation) then it'd actually make me like the show less.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lynch would immediately refute the video. It’s a cool theory, but it’s too rigid and leaves no room for other interpretations. Everything applies to the single thesis argument of Film > TV, but Lynch works in dream language. He’s focused on macrocosmic things, like love vs. fear and the nature of existence and the mind. Plus he makes his art specifically to ask questions, not to answer them.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's not really what the theory is stating at all. There's way more to it than that and even if you come up with the original intention that doesn't remove other interpretations.

I love the guys videos and think he's nailed a lot of stuff and it's made me appreciate the show even more.