Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 13, 2018.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Can’t say I really cared for the first episode

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I really enjoyed The Comedian, bummed the whole series didn’t drop though, guess I’m waiting a couple months to use my free trial

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Loved The Comedian. reminded me a lot of Bo Bunrhan's comedy shows

4. I dug it. Even the second episode was pretty in line with the tone of the original series although that style of ending is a little over the top for modern audiences maybe? I’m such a die hard though. Maybe I’ll think differently later.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Comedian was enjoyable overall, definitely not horrible, but not amazing

6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

As a very casual fan of the original series I enjoyed both of these a lot. Twilight Zone is all about that “feel” for me and this has it.

ramomcferno likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I feel like people are expecting Black Mirror and not the Twilight Zone

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean I’m definitely expecting Twilight Zone, I’m just also expecting at least mid-tier level quality TZ. The first episode fell down on almost every marker of what makes a great TZ story.

I did like the kid though, he was really charming.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really am interested in Rewind based on all the initial reviews. I feel like that has the best chance of being a new classic for the show. And I’m dying to know what the story is in the Luke Kirby one.

David Parke likes this.
  10. The Comedian was fine. I'm curious about future episodes, but I'm not as excited as I was before. Kinda feel like finally watching through all of the original series. I've only watched a couple eps here and there over the years.

11. I will say the liberal use of language makes this make more sense on CBS all access. No one has to license the TZ brand from CBS if they do it themselves and it brought tons of people over to their platform. I was surprised about some stuff on their platform. Twin Peaks is an abc show!

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The comedian was ok, but I find it hard to imagine that I would have enjoyed that if it was a more generic billing of actors instead of Kumail / Tracy / Peele. May check the rest of them out since there is enough star power to pique my curiosity but my expectations have been lowered.

13. Watched “Nightmare...” a second time tonight in black & white. Can’t recommend it enough.

14. Replay was GREAT. CBS would never air this show on their over the air network but they own the Twilight Zone, Jordan is making it fresh and new while embracing and respecting the past, and them pushing the boundaries with this is really a win for everyone involved. Biggest bummer is that it won’t get eyes on a platform like this. I’m hoping Jordan, Carolyn, and the rest of the team not only retain this level of creative control over the end product, but also have the ability to get this over to Netflix for a second run so we can get a second season out of this.

Also, I tried Discovery but I really just do not care for the Klingons like the fan base does so it really just bored me. I’ll try it again when I’m in the headspace.

15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Me too. I like Nightmare the most of the three so far.

Maybe that is it. I dig this so far.

David Parke likes this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m very excited to see Replay whenever I can do my free trial. I’d be surprised if any other episode is better based on the reviews I’ve seen.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

renewed

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

still haven't watched anything other than the first episode because I don't want to sign up for CBS all access

Cameron likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

kinda surprised it got renewed already. I haven't heard anyone talking about this show at all and although I've watched every episode and will continue to, it's been pretty underwhelming.

20. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

First episode was meh for me, as was the Christmas one.
    I've enjoyed the others, though

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Has anybody kept up with this? I’ve been reading each new review and none of it seems like it’s worth my time even with a free trial. I’m really bummed that this is such a dud.

22. I’ve been too busy but I don’t hear anyone talking about it really which is a bummer. I’ve enjoyed the couple episodes I saw though!

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've kept up. It's been okay but nothing worth going out of your way to watch. Lots of guest stars with wasted potential.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s the feel I’m getting across the board. Maybe if it came to Hulu or something I’d throw a couple on, but not worth messing with a new subscription.

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Some of the premises are cool, but they rarely, if ever, pay off in the 3rd act.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.