Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 13, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The Oscar-nominated and Emmy-winning actor will appear in “The Traveler” episode of the CBS All Access reboot, opposite previously announced Steven Yeun. He joins host and narrator Jordan Peele and cast members John Cho, Sanaa Lathan, Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Allison Tolman and Jacob Tremblay.

Contender likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. dash64

This is my design

So cool this is pulling in some good names.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So does that CBS app cost money? If so I really hope this comes to Hulu or Netflix as well.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It costs money, which I think makes it a terrible idea. I’d check it out if it was free for sure, but I’m not paying for an app for a channel I already get just to watch one show. This would be perfect for Netflix since the original is already there.

Also I really hope it’s good. The original is super important to me and the reboots have always been a letdown. The announced casts definitely have me excited, especially seeing Luke Kirby and Taissa Farmiga together.

Cameron and Kuri44 like this.
  7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

So are any of these original stories, or just reboots?

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it’s all still very hush hush. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just go for remakes in the first season but I also wouldn’t put it past them to suddenly throw in a totally new story completely unannounced. I certainly hope they do.

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

It would be super annoying if they did mostly remakes, or slight tweaks on established stories. The best thing about the Twilight Zone is not knowing what you're seeing.

10. EASheartsVinyl Feb 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 4, 2019)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh I agree, but they haven’t said much of anything yet to know what they’re going for. So far the only real announcements are of previous stories, with the other titles being too vague to know if they are or not. The Wunderkind sounds like it could be It’s a Good Life, but I’m hoping it’s something totally new.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

mix of both I think, I know they're rebooting the gremlin on the plane one with Adam Scott

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fuck CBS and its ALL Access bullshit.

Ken, Cameron and Joe4th like this.
  13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Thank god I still have a friend that’s subscribed to all access for some reason.

14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

def just gonna do a free trial for this to binge it all once it’s over, assuming there is a free trial

Ken likes this.
  15. dash64

This is my design

Yes, looks like there's a one week free trial.

Shrek likes this.
  16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm not paying for CBS All Access so it doesn't really matter, but I still don't like the idea of The Twilight Zone without Rod Serling. The other reboots weren't good, and while this has star power behind it I still don't think it should be called The Twilight Zone. Make new stories, call it something different.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, that Jacob Tremblay one looks crazy. I see a lot of Stephen King in the snippets there.

I’m sure the show will be good, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that I won’t see it until it ends up on another platform or with a physical release to rent.

19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

CBS All Access = me torrenting this show

coleslawed, SpyKi and Henry like this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Doesn’t feel like the Twilight Zone to me

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I had no idea CBS has its own streaming app...was really looking forward to watching this too.

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, the idea of still actually paying for cable (which I do) and yet not being able to see something from a major network is really awful. It’s one thing to have a premium service for people who want to watch early, but putting it behind a paywall sucks.

ncarrab likes this.
  23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not to mention, I'm guessing this would have given CBS major primetime ratings, so the idea they're putting it behind a paywall is questionable at best.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  24. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

You can all steal my CBS all access bc I can’t believe I still pay for it

Also I’ve watched the original show approximately 10,000 times it’s my favorite TV show ever made and the Nick of Time fortune teller machine and the gremlin mask made me scream out loud

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The original is one of those shows that I will just put on for hours if I can’t think of something else to watch or need background noise. It never gets old.

I caught the gremlin but I’ll need to rewatch for the fortune teller.

David Parke likes this.