Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TWIABP Know What’s Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Props for calling it as it is and not beating around the bush. The scene needs to stand up and make sure this scum doesn't come back. Finding Jesus doesn't erase the abuse he put so many through.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Anthony_ Jun 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Next up in the "Abuser's Road to Redemption" playbook: pretending to find religion over a year later. Pathetic.

It's like, barely anybody speaks the guy's name anymore except to mock and/or condemn him for what he did. That he isn't burrowed deep down in his parents' basement, away from the public eye for the rest of his life, is baffling to me. Just pack it in already, you're done. Although his still-young, still-impressionable fanbase is continually behind him, which probably gives him a reason to keep trying to mount some sort of comeback. I feel sorry for those kids, many of them teenage girls, who are being taken in by his sob story. Just goes to show that manipulators like that will always find a way to spread their bullshit, even when the horrific truths of their real selves are exposed for all to see.

Anyway, TWIABP just dropped the hammer on that dude. Good on them. And I must also say, I'll throw a rare "good on you" over to Alternative Press for not covering his new song on their site; I always figured that if he ever put out new material, they of all places would post something about it. I legitimately had no idea he had even released something until I saw what TWIABP posted. Best way to beat this guy is to undermine his message and take away his platform, and that's a great way to do it.

Contender and beachdude42 like this.
  4. evan165a

So fucking good. I literally was clapping in my bedroom when I read this. They're such funny dudes and are so chill, but they can get so real, and when they do, it shows just how good of dudes, and dudettes, they are.

hermanthehermit and beachdude42 like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Ugh... one of the worst comments/comment threads on there comes from someone I was Facebook friends with and seemed to be cool.

"Wasnt everyone suckin this dudes dick like a few yrs ago? Its all i heard about for months. Now everyones hating on em lol wtf"
    And then all his responses are WAY worse...

[​IMG]

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Might have to check this band out

Iago, Dan O'Neill and alexmacwilliam like this.
  7. David Fills

This reminds me of Austin Jones from Chicago. Guy asked a bunch of underage girls to send him twerk videos, got caught, dropped off his tour, then made some weak apology video. After a few weeks of it blowing over he comes back like nothing ever happened. Guy should be banned from music forever.

8. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

You definitely should, they released one of my favorite albums of last year.

Iago and wisdomfordebris like this.
  9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@beachdude42 I also can't believe what people like that even fucking think with comments like those, what the hell... As I've read somewhere - facebook is a good source of informtion who out of your acquaintances is an idiot, racist etc. It's good TWIABP always speaks out!

Dan O'Neill and beachdude42 like this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah man, idk... it's one thing to not care about issues like that, but it's another to be so BLATANTLY rude about it.

11. CMilliken

Trusted

They said it perfectly. I get it was in the past and crap but why would anyone want to support this guy and let him play live shows around underage kids again. It blows my mind that all these teenage girls side with him and support him. I'll never understand that.

12. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Is this dude trying to mount a comeback? Something tells me if he had gotten the help he actually needed he'd realize the detriment he is to this scene. I'll continue to hope he gets the help he needs very very far from the music industry.

13. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

wait wait that front porch step kid named his new song/project/whatever Help Me Hurt? Seriously?

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The guy is a manipulator as well as an abuser (as many abusers are). He plays a mental game in addition to a physical one. Unfortunately, these young fans are drawn in by his manipulation (being young and impressionable) and fail to realize what he's doing. They're essentially falling prey to his bullshit and being used by him to further his agenda (which is clearly to regain access to the very people he should be kept furthest away from).

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@neo506 If it wasn't for TWIABP I probably wouldn't know he put out new music for some longer time, but while you also mention that title, I checked it out - it's really terrible ehh, awful : (

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

Iago and Bartek T. like this.
  17. billcom6

I never paid much attention to this story (always found FPS to be really annoying) but in the post they call him a rapist. I know he was never convicted or rape, but I don't remember him even being accused of rape. Was he?

18. The Jake McElfresh Story

Contender likes this.
  19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Their album Harmlessness is very, very good and immensely powerful, both musically and thematically. You should listen to it at your earliest convenience.

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

my babes

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Oh dear, this guy again

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Iago and Nick like this.
  23. Apparently Derrick just caught wind that Jake and his manager are looking for representation to sue the band over this post...lol.

Jose likes this.
  24. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

What are the chances that he has a defamation case based on the rapist comment? Since he was never technically convicted of anything and the term rape is defined with specifics in the eyes of the law does he actually have a case that can hold some water?

25. I'm certainly no expert, but commenters with experience in law (and Autumn herself) are saying he doesn't have one. I'm not sure of the specifics.

Also worth mentioning that he took Autumn to court over the same thing and never showed up.