Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I am super frustrated and embarrassed by this fan base lately. Especially on Reddit. It’s out of control

Turkeylegz and Onlyadirector like this.
  2. ccsc918

existing

I mean come on, theres even fake accounts claiming to be Tyler Joesph and leading the clique on into believing rumors. Its awful. If they just drop something soon (which I really hope happens to stop all the bullshit) it would be a great benefit for everyone.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Do you all think the band (or someone in the know) placed those "hints" on their web store when you searched for certain key words? I tried to do that today and it looks like that has been removed.

4. heymattrick

The search just shows things that other people have searched. Definitely not done by the band. It seems only the content of that DMA website is what is legit and everything else external from that is fake.

ccsc918 and Eric Wilson like this.
  5. ccsc918

existing

Im actually frusterated with how the fanbase of this band have been handling things and spreading false information, leading people on.

Turkeylegz and Eric Wilson like this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Gotcha. Well this one is definitely my most anticipated for the year, so I'm ready for something. Hopefully soon!

7. ccsc918

existing

Eric Wilson likes this.
  8. heymattrick

9. polyfilla May 8, 2018
    (Last edited: May 8, 2018)
    polyfilla

who can never be sure

I'm secretly hoping that Mutemath joins the touring lineup for TOP. Mutemath elevates their sound to heights they could never reach on their own

oops was that too hot of a take

EDIT: grammatical errors

coleslawed and Turkeylegz like this.
  10. ccsc918

existing

TOPxMM at Express Live! was beautiful

polyfilla likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Honestly, I'm not sure this is so far fetched and I love that idea. Tyler said in an interview before Emotional Roadshow that in the future they wanted to explore the possibility of additional musicians on tour. As a fan, I love this. I've always thought their live show was great and powerful with just the two of them, but I think additional musicians would really bring it to another level (And allow for fewer tracks).

Mutemath is in an awkward place with being down 2 members. I feel like they're kinda going to go on hiatus. I think Paul and the rest of the band became real tight with TOP after touring together, not to mention how amazing TOPxMM was. That live version of Heavydirtysoul is a prime example of how much they can elevate the sound. I would love to see the remaining members of Mutemath tour with TOP.

polyfilla likes this.
  12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m all for more TOPxMM

polyfilla likes this.
  13. ccsc918

existing

It seems the fanbase for Twenty One Pilots have pissed me off yet again! Someone on a popular twenty one pilots group site posted that there will be a single today and everyone is losing their minds. Its so disapointing to see.

14. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I have completely limited my twenty one pilot conversations to this site. I really thought I was pretty fanatical about them until I stumbled upon the Reddit.

beachdude42 and heymattrick like this.
  15. ccsc918

existing

Its soooo frusterating seeing the fans go insane over "rumors".

beachdude42 and Turkeylegz like this.
  16. heymattrick

How many different dates in the past two months was there “supposed to be a single” and there wasn’t?

Brent, polyfilla and Turkeylegz like this.
  17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Another DEMA letter surfaced, with missing letters that, when put together, say “you are still sleeping.”

Getting tired of all this. Just want the single and a tour at this point LOL.

Side note: I remember they did all this cryptic stuff for Blurryface and the concepts never even came to fruition. I get the “let the band do what they want” concept but all of this just is pointless. The concepts they came up with didn’t even play out on blurryface, so I wonder how this will all tie into an album.

It’s just all so fake deep to me.

heymattrick, polyfilla and Turkeylegz like this.
  18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Yeah. I think ignoring this roll out is the best thing. They knew the crazy fans will eat this up but it just seems so pointless to me.

Any cryptic rollout usually loses me after a week of nothing substantial.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

B***D N*W did this to fans for like, 7 straight years.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Well shit. You got me there.

21. polyfilla

who can never be sure

ugh, this shit is SO hokey & gimmicky. they really dont need to be doing this but i get it. their fans LOVE it

22. heymattrick

They didn’t really do much cryptic stuff for Blurryface. At the very least, they had a single out, the album and tour announced, and I think the cover art. So it wasn’t so bad.

This may not even amount to anything. If I were Tyler and Josh I would do this stuff just to screw around with the fans

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

It's funny going from the The 1975 thread to the Twenty One Pilots thread. One loves the ominious viral messaging and thinks it's genius, the other doesn't.

24. polyfilla

who can never be sure

hahaha. well the 1975 does it a lot more thoughtfully imo. the TOP viral messaging is just so over the top.

25. heymattrick

We'll see haha. Both are two of my favorite bands. The 1975's teasing is much more exciting however I'm really afraid all it's going to amount to is a single being released on June 1st. That's a lot of hype for just a single.

TOP on the other hand - I'm not opposed to the cryptic stuff and teasing. However, if this is actually building up to something, it's also going on for a long time. I'm really just pissed off that some fans latch onto every tiny thing and regard it as fact. "OMG EAST IS UP AND THE JUDGE HAS A LYRIC ABOUT DIRECTIONS WHAT DOES IT MEAN"

Both bands have been teasing for what already seems like a lifetime. In this day and age, I think to pull of cryptic/teasing stuff, you have to be quick. Like a couple days tops. Not this long.

polyfilla likes this.