Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. polyfilla

who can never be sure

haha you were right!

it was admittedly disappointing to hype this all up only to announce something we already knew was in effect

Eric Wilson likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha pretty much. It felt like it was inevitable that they would take some time off after this massive touring cycle, and just time to probably record a new album in general, and yet when they started posting those images was still hoping that wasn't going to be the case.

polyfilla likes this.
  3. LP3SILENCE

dogdad, Pure Sodium and Mike Nichols like this.
  4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I'm skeptical, but also wouldn't be surprised. This reminds me of when "Heathens" leaked.

6. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

As someone said in the Youtube comments, the channel that uploaded the video is called LP3SILENCE, but they've actually released five albums, even if two of them were self-released. I'm pretty sure it's fake.

smowashere likes this.
  7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I just got "Vessel" on vinyl and the sticker on the front says "debut album" so FBR seems to have altered history.

coleslawed and smowashere like this.
  8. Relevant mini thread

coleslawed, polyfilla and smowashere like this.
  9. heymattrick

I became a fan during Vessel and even though I'm fully aware that Self-Titled exists, my mind always thinks of Vessel as Album #1 and Blurryface as Album #2. It's taken me a long time to try and adjust this in my mind, even though I listen to Self-Titled all the time.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I don't really consider Regional at Best to be an album, but rather a mixtape. Probably I can't stand listening to any of the RaB versions of songs that were re-recorded for Vessel and that's half of the CD.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

maybe it's brought up in that thread, but sometimes the bands themselves prefer to ignore their earlier work and start over with their label debut.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ha, I'm actually the opposite where I hardly consider Vessel and album due to it only having 4 'new' songs on it. But I had been listening to Twenty One Pilots for years before Vessel came out so I was disappointed to find half of it was Regional at best songs as well as House of Gold and Migrane, which were songs that had been floating around for a good year before Vessel. Even The Run and Go and Screen had been around for a bit before that too.

Side note, weird to see Goner on Blurryface, because Goner was also out well before Vessel. Not sure if the video is online still but remember watching it years ago.

smowashere likes this.
  12. dogdad

Regular

it's real! just checked their twitter and peep the banner and avi

13. polyfilla

who can never be sure

the banner and icon were like that before that video was posted tho

dogdad likes this.
  14. dogdad

Regular

ohhh my bad haha. I haven't checked up on there in a while cause I wasn't expecting something so soon. hope it is something though!

15. polyfilla

who can never be sure

haha if it is real (which I doubt it is) I don't know why a "ghost account" (whether that's Tyler or someone else) would post it in this thread and nowhere else...others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this is the only place this has been posted? I don't even think topupdating or anyone on twitter has posted it

dogdad likes this.
  16. heymattrick

I can't even listen to the original version of Goner. That noise...whatever it is, a noose, creaky wood...it ruins it for me. I was nervous about the new Goner and it blew me away. The ending was such a surprise.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  17. Sad Messiah

Regular

The end of Goner is the best moment on the entire album

Eric Wilson likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh definitely, the BF version is far better than the one from years ago.

Eric Wilson and heymattrick like this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Josh Dun did the drums for the new LIGHTS song "Savage" that comes out tomorrow.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This video I took five years ago came up on my Facebook On This Day...a 10-minute piano mash-up of all their older songs. Like, self-titled old songs. Thought I'd share.

21. heymattrick

I would love to see Taxi Cab live. Glowing Eyes would have been awesome too. Both pretty rare live even if you did see them live earlier on. So nuts.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think at the time of this video, this was the largest show they ever did. It was LC-indoor in Columbus. I went to the LC-outdoor show a few months after this, which was then the largest show they did (at the time).

23. ccsc918

existing

So the fandom for this band is slowly losing their sanity, check twitter.

24. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I checked Twitter. Only found the Genius “leak” thing.

25. ccsc918

existing

They are losing their minds thinking that logos are getting smaller and Tyler Joesph's profile picture is getting smaller. They are also looking WAY too deep into it and they think they are gonna come back today.