Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. jordanjohnson09

Regular

well, at least pretty much all the other cover songs were terrible too

beachdude42 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  2. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Completely agree. Love TOP but they missed the mark with this one

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  3. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Tyler posted a video to instagram a couple of months back - a little snippet of him covering this, just him and a piano. Those 15 seconds were better than this entire track

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. I'm indifferent on the cover. Think I'd rather just listen to the original.

5. carina

yr royal highness

i did not like this cover. at all. i just think it was a bad song choice.

6. Liz

Ew, David

[​IMG]

Musical guest on SNL next week

gonz (Alex) and JRGComedy like this.
  7. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Really going to try and get standby tix for this...I'm a huge SNL fan, huge Hamilton fan, and huge TOP fan - I'm pinching myself

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was awesome seeing them perform on SNL. They definitely looked so happy to be there after each performance.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  9. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I ended up getting into the live show last night - the energy there was incredible! They played really well, Lin was (predictably) amazing. Tina and Jimmy were there...a night I'll never forget!

coleslawed and Eric Wilson like this.
  10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was awesome seeing them on the AMA stage last night. So glad they won a couple.

heymattrick and Turkeylegz like this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Their performance was sick too. Definitely liked the mashup of Heathens and Stressed Out.

12. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Their acceptance speeches were so humble. Fame hasn't changed them a bit

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Five Grammy noms...WOW.

Also, how was Stressed Out even eligible, considering it was released in 2015?

Awksome, Eric Wilson and Liz like this.
  14. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Also unsure of this...it didn't start getting heavy radio play until the very end of 2015...maybe that has something to do with it?

But wow...five grammy noms. INCLUDING record of the year...i'm stunned

Eric Wilson likes this.
  15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So awesome about these Grammy noms. Congratulations to the band. This is huge!

polyfilla and Awksome like this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hopefully, they'll be asked to perform.

17. So proud and happy for them!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Grammy's are kind of bullshit, but it's good for the band to up there. This band has dropped in my rankings drastically throughout this year though. Never feel like listening to them, and when I do I enjoy it a lot less than in the past.

Awksome likes this.
  19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

People tell me how good this band is, but the songs I've heard on the radio DO NOT interest me in the slightest. Is this just not for me, or is there a certain album/song I should maybe give a shot?

20. Noradrenaline

Regular

Their album Vessel is so much better than Blurryface, in my opinion. It has less of the hip and more of the pop.

suicidesaints likes this.
  21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll check it out. Thanks.

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Their self-titled record released in 2009 is almost all piano and not much pop or rapping at all (more rapping that any pop). But it's nothing like their newer sound found on Vessel or Blurry Face.

To me, Regional At Best is still the best thing they've released, and half of that record ended up being on Vessel. (by the time Vessel was released, there were only 4 unheard songs on the album).

When Blurryface first came out, I was so disappointed it. I've since come around to it. But if Blurryface was the first thing I ever heard from them, I don't think I would have ever given the band a chance. Because I've watched/listened to them grow for the past 6 to 7 years, their evolution has been easier to accept.

Below is one of my favorite songs ever by Twenty One Pilots. It sounds nothing like something they'd release today but it's pretty consistent with what their first album sounded like.

23. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks. Can't listen right now, but I will definitely check it out later.

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious